cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brenda29

New to this

Hi I amnew to this site . I started on chantix about 5 days ago. My quit date is sept 6th. This time I have to quit for good. I have tried 3 times before. U know patches, gum, wellbutron, cold turkey. So now this time around I am trying chantix. I know it is a hard road. But with all the support of all you and my family I can overcome this nicotine demon.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
karen19

Brenda
Great to hear you are planning your quit date so soon after taking the chantix. I know many people that have quit on that medication but waited for a few months before taking the step in quiting. I started on it on the 4th of August but quit on the 5th. I won't say it is easy but it is working. I don't suggest doing what I did but it did work for me. As you know the chantix helps with the nicotine receptors in your brain. You need for the nicotine is not the same but your need for the habit will be with you. My 4th day of being free from the darn cigs was my worse day. I needed lots of sleep, lots! I am not thrilled with the Chantix only because it does cause a little ill feeling and the dreams can distrub my sleep. I know it is easier to smoke then not to smoke so I keep telling myself not to light up EVER because of the many times I have tried all that you had. It is so easy to just light up but to quit is hard. I feel good everyday I don't smoke. I have put on weight but I am not as concerned.That ciggerette was speeding up my metabolism, it has slowed down but with some working out and eating right I should be okay within the next few months. I knew weight was going th happen so instead of dwelling on it I just said"That's it I am quitting!" I wish you lots of luck with your choice. Hang in there next Saturday. Keep yourself busy and read all you can about smoking. It will help.
0 Kudos
jennie3

Stay strong and positive you can do it!
0 Kudos
brenda29

thanks karenI know I have to stay positive and strong. I know I can do it. I just have to have willpower. I'm on week 2 of my chantix. I have cut down on my smoking.Partly because they really taste like crap and being on the chantix makes me feel yucky. So I really feel this time it will work. Taking one day at a time!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
brenda29

thanks Jennie for your support and encouraging thought
0 Kudos