cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Give and get support around quitting

DejaCampbell

New to this. Need support πŸ™πŸ½β€οΈ

Heyy all, I'm Deja' and I'm new here. Trying so damn hard to say goodbye to this vape for good. I've tried before with no luck. I could really use some extra help and support here. Any suggestions would help. Idk what I'm doing really but I am trying. I really am trying... I hope this time it works for good so I can finally get back to living my life stress freeπŸ’• Thanks 

11 Replies
Macocker

You are doing amazing by being on this forum! The trying will eventually  get you to succeeding. Stay with it!!  Embrace the suckiness of it. The reminders from BecomeAnEX really helped as well as there tips. 

Barbscloud

@Macocker Welcome to the Ex. Congrats on 69 days of success.

Barb

Macocker

Thank you Barb πŸ™‚

MarilynH

Welcome to the community @DejaCampbell you've made the best decision you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definitely the best gift that any of us for giving ourselves the Gift of LIFE! Please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's definitely not easy by any stretch of the imagination but as long as you're willing determined and totally committed to succeed then you will persevere through the roller coaster ride of cravings and moodswings and lack of sleep to get to that good place in your quit where you'll realize how much better life is as an EXer, stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can.....

Barbscloud

@DejaCampbell Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Glad you found us!

No matter how you choose to quit, cold turkey or with aids, it's important to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and have a quit plan. Many have found success with knowledge and preparation. It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful. In addition to some aids for my final quit, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit. For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.
https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too. We're here to support you on your journey. So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge. It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 30th.   Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

You really have a strong desire to quit--you've joined this community, told a bit about yourself--and you've set a quit date. It's clear that you want to find a way out of your nicotine addiction.

You can do this, keep it one step and one day at a time. Listen to advice but choose what makes the best sense to you as you move toward your quit date in two weeks. Take credit for all the actions you have already taken in order to quit. Keep building on that. 

There isn't any magic to quitting, it's hard work, but then when you really get to the point of realizing you are free, well, then it does become magic. You can do this, put yourself in the drivers seat and be the best boss of your quit.

7E33126C-E59E-41D1-B30F-51EBB5E71EF4.gifScreenshot_20221025-074827.jpgYou have everything you need to quit right inside youYou have everything you need to quit right inside you

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Deja! We are so happy you are here. 

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
champsin97

Congrats on your decision!  Quitting is a hard thing to do but with the help and support of this site you can be strong enough to beat this thing.  Never be afraid to reach out for help.  We are all here for you.

0 Kudos
katb7

I strongly recommend the NRT.  Also my biggest success tactic was/is to delay...delay the urge and before I knew it I had delayed through another day quit