Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hillaryshea

Support, Support, Support!

We all remember the line from Grease - 

"If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter!"

I still chuckle when I hear that line. But it makes me think of how everyone needs support at some time in their life. mygirls.jpgWhether you're running a race and in need of a cheering section or you're attempting to quit smoking and need fambam.jpgsomeone to turn to when the road gets rocky- we all need someone to support and encourage us. 

I've been incredibly fortunate to have so many people come around and support me throughout not only my qclosebuds.jpguit, but in other areas of my life where I've needed them- like through my divorce. From friends to family to the members of this INCREDIBLE community, I feel INSANELY blessed. So I've included a few pictures of all the people who have come along side me in this journey! 

Who is your support? Who's cheering you on? Is it someone in this community or is it a close friend (or both)? Share your story and if you want, pictures, below!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AnnetteMM

Nice post! My gorgeous, purple-haired daughter is my biggest cheerleader

44821296_10105796861030912_8077009376805650432_o.jpg

And that chubby-cheeked boy wonder, too, of course!!

hillaryshea

What an adorable little boy!! So cute  I'm glad your daughter is so supportive! It's good to know you have people rooting for you, isn't it? 

AnnetteMM

You got that right!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I'm my own and the Ex community.

hillaryshea

Yes!! This community is so amazing to have! And it's awesome that you're your own biggest cheerleader! Sometimes I think I'm my own worst enemy but you're so right that you have to cheer yourself on  

TW517

One of my rituals in the first couple months of my quit was to look at the statistics (days not smoked, money saved, health improvements, etc) on my "Smoke Free" phone app before I went to bed.  Before I closed out of the app, I would say out loud, "Yay Me!".  Kind of silly, but I would look forward to it all day.  There were times when I would have an urge to smoke, and realize I wouldn't be able to do my "Yay Me!" thing, and that really helped.

sweetplt

My Hubs is my best support and this site...

Colleen 148 DOF

2404D2F2-471D-4233-9809-C267ECBD0A8F.jpeg