cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CPEverett

I would love some support right now.

I am currently deployed to a country that does now allow for the sale of smokeless tobacco or nicotine pouches so I am being forced to quit.

Honestly, it is probably good for me because it has only caused mouth pain and cavities, with more spending.

Just looking for advice to how to deal with this, I am currently on day 2.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex! Take it one day at a time, list things to occupy your time and stick to it. Definitely stick with Ex. Come here any time to read, blog, comment. 

addiction is.jpg

Barbscloud

@CPEverett There are things you can do to help with your quit.   Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and have a quit plan that includes tools you'll use, coping with cravings and creating new associations to replace the nicotine.  This link has some great information to get you started.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

You can do this.  It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it right.  When I found the Ex, I learned how to quit and how invaluable support from fellow quitter is to be successful.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Thank you for your service.

Barb

champsin97

If you stick around here and do your due diligence you will get all the information you need to be successfull in your quit.  You just have to be strong day by day.

SuzyQ411

Welcome @champsin97 -- here are some gretA\a posts that helped get me started on my quit a number of years ago; hopefully they will be helpful to you as well!

THE BEST OF THE EX 

no smoking.heart. 8.1.22.jpg

NOT ONE PUFF EVER (NOPE)

NO MATTER WHAT!!!

~ONE DAY AT A TIME~

AND YOU WILL GET TO WHERE YOU WANT TO BE!

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @CPEverett You've made the best decision you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definitely the best gift that any of us for giving ourselves the Gift of LIFE! Stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can you've got this, keep moving forward stacking up those precious ~ DOF ~ Days of Freedom so each evening you can say YAY for another day WON! 

ReallyReal

@CPEverett How is your quit going?  You are several days in now and I just wanted to encourage you to keep your quit intact.  It isn't easy, especially the first week of the first few difficult weeks, but I think you are through what we call Hell  Week.  Being nicotine free is a wonderful way of life, just takes some work and determination.  Hope you are doing OK.  Let us know how you are.  Best wishes, Raissa.

SuzyQ411

@CPEverett 

Just stopping by to say that  I believe in you and I just know you can do this!!

yes you can. little guy.jpg

~ HUGS ~

Barbscloud

@CPEverett Anxious to hear how you're doing!

Barb

0 Kudos