Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 2019: Welcome new members!

The April Quitters have arrived!

There are always new members joining the community. A portion of those new members haven't set or haven't synced their quit date to the community so we can help celebrate your milestones.  

I'll be welcoming our new members and encourage you to get your quit date set and synced to the community so we can help you celebrate when you hit those milestones.

Set and Sync Quit Date

To get started you'll need to do the following:

1. Set your quit date on your Set Your Quit Date | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX  (or make sure it's set if you aren't sure.)
  2. Log out of the community by clicking this link.
  3. Then log back in to the community.

When you log back in it will sync it over so it appears on your community profile. If your quit date is synced and you've indicated how many cigarettes you used to consume before you quit(update it in your community profile, otherwise we assume 20/day), your Quit Stats* will calculate how many days you've been quit and how many cigarettes you've avoided.

Be sure to check out our Getting Started Guide to learn about how to do other things on the site.

Mark
EX Community Manager

*To see your quit stats:  Hover over your username and then click the EX icon in lower left of the pop-up hovercard OR go to your profile and then click the tab for My Quit Stats.

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (2)
33 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome new members of EX, please check out  my post above to set a quit date if you haven't already(thank you if you have!) and then get it sync'd to the community! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey!

kmoore1963 Mbroodo adriannac816 bap694 dgvian Red596 ozzyoz23 tedrhew fireraven888 Foxwoods dkeenan0 tanana0507 kmiklus imdone1 nvenu298 Queenbee1959 Joannkc sharma900 6326113 

For those mentioned below, if you're unsure about what day to pick, check out this for suggestions.  

Red596‌, ozzyoz23‌ and sharma900

EX Community Admin Team
tedrhew

Thanks for the Welcome! I found this incredible site Via the Smoke Free app somehow! I'm actually going on day 27. Started this umpteenth time of quitting with Chantix but I;m doing it this time! My Mother, who is a smoker had a stroke about a month and a half ago and my children let me know clearly that smoking is like the #2 cause of strokes. I've got to get more healthy!

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex tedrhew!!!  Congratulations on 27!

elvan

Congratulations on your 27 days of freedom, your kids are right.  Hope you have been reading blogs and seeing what is working for others.  Write a blog and introduce yourself and then the BIG WELCOME will begin.  You are about to enter No Man's Land and it's good to know about what to expect, https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...  You can do this and we will all be here to support you in any way that we can.

Welcome to EX.

Ellen

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

tedrhew

That's great that you found us via the Smoke Free app, though I'm not familiar with it.  So what is your actual quit date?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
tedrhew

My actual Quit date was March 5th.
Smoke Free - Quit Smoking Now 
I'm just using the Free side. But it's a very good App!!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

tedrhew‌ Congrats on your quit thus far!

I had not heard of the app before today. Thanks for sharing your resource!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

That's great that you've got 27 days smoke free.  Welcome to the Ex.  If you need support, reach out.  We're here for you.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome new members of EX, please check out  my post above to set a quit date if you haven't already(thank you if you have!) and then get it sync'd to the community! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey!

gcmom85  diagonal_sandwich  Alibaba1000  cswinford80  paulaobermeyer  courtneystone  Buter6  pammb  Knwells5219  jns357  Clara1222  mosnicki carolynlav  Strider5156  Mike53027  Tee81  Charmeese25  talarie27  chuckwerba  aaroniskrn  brettman  abaduc44  dawnharold  Kimmy05  Jenperk88  babymonster  tonyrecks  lindameyer4  katysimon 

For those mentioned below, if you're unsure about what day to pick, check out this for suggestions.  

carolynlav‌, abaduc44babymonster‌ and lindameyer4

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos