cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

taboraz

Trying again!

Hello everyone. My name is Tabor and I live in Scottsdale Arizona , I just registered for this program today.  I haven't "officially" quit smoking yet being as I only registered 30 minutes ago.  I have been smoking since I was 15 and I just now have entered my 40s.  My body is really feeling all the cigarettes that I have smoked through the years and for the first time I am actually really scared for my health.  My Dr. Told me that I am in early stages of  emphasemia (sorry about the spelling) and  that still didn't stop me from smoking.  I am very desperate.  Everytime I quit smoking I get really depressed and can't even function as a human.  I am  going to school right now getting my BA in biomedical engineering and I fear I won't be able to perform well without cigarettes.  Anyways here I am.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ro_10

Im going to stop on monday the 11th and my dr told me the same thing . Im currently on oxygen because i didnt listen to them through the years. You dont want to be there trust me.  As for me i have no choice its now or never but its going to be now my mind is made up this time (16th) . I will be using the patch and lozenger along with cinnomon sticks to keep my hands busy. Also deep breathing exercises  and trying to keep my mind busy. I see a professional quit smoking consuler who is but a phone call or e mail away and have contacted her just to make sure she response. Good luck bud pick a date get your mind into it and have at it . If other people can do it after all but 40 years smoking i can also .

0 Kudos
ro_10

OK had my last butt just now and im ready to quit.

0 Kudos