Give and get support around quitting

kmertz

trying again

trying 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
biscuit9

Have you taken the time to learn how to quit?  It's an honest question, and with this quit I still had no clue what I was doing I just knew I had a monkey on my back and it was sucking up my life.  I immersed myself in watching awful smoking videos, cos as an addict I was living in denial of what nicotine was doing to my health and I needed REAL facts.  My plan was to crochet to keep my hands busy and to lean on God for strength.  Two weeks in, I found this site and love the interaction I have received from fellow quitters.  This addiction was not easy to overcome, so do your homework and decide HOW you will quit.  You have to have a go-to instead of nicotine, that is the challenging part.  I wrote and rewrote phrases and kept watching videos (not much of a plan) and prayed when the real craves hit.  As you already know, you have to be "all in", it takes every part of your being and diligence, to overcome this.  Not easy in the beginning.  Quit day #7 and I caved and found the vape pen (cig smoker who hated vaping), pulled my self together and got right back up and faced this demon down.  Not my proudest moment, but not my defining moment either.  Nicotine was not going to win.....I lost a small battle in that moment, but I won the WAR.  Quit day 279 and you can do this too.  I'm just one quitter in here who got knocked down and stood right back up!!!  Wishing you all the best and hoping you never give up on yourself.

Barbscloud

@kmertz  Welcome back and congrats on not giving up.  Go back and read over the material again about this addiction and updating your quit plan.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

What went wrong and what could you have done different?

Start taking the Daily Pledge to stay on track.  I really helps to keep your commitment.

Consider creating your on post let the community know your back and can lend their support.

Remember to always reach out before your vape, not after.  It's just enough time to refocus your thoughts.  It works!

Barbscloud_0-1687612012847.png

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

maryfreecig

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 9.34.24 PM.png

By trying again I eventually quit!!! 2013 and no regrets. One step at a time, one day at a time you have th power to choose your quit and make it work.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kmertz love to have you back here, no matter what prompted your return. This page on EX may be helpful, as well as many Mayo Clinic blogs on the topic. Let me or anyone else know how we can support you best right now!

https://www.becomeanex.org/understanding-slip-ups/ 

- Megan, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos