lois2

Quitters in Their 50's

Still smoke free, we have a strong quit going on,
Tags (1)
1,125 Replies
peter-s.

Hi Everyone, I am approaching one year of smoke free living. Good work all
  of you. Best wishes for the Holiday season. Vickie, Right On ! People, it
  really does get easier with time. Be strong and stay quit !
0 Kudos
vickie5

Congrats Peter S on almost one year and Dedebumon day 20, so sorry late getting back to you all but guess what today is day 200 All right !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 165 days until the one year club. love ya and it does get easier vic
0 Kudos
Makela

Hi All, I need your support. I haven't quit yet. Down to 1 or 2 cigs a day (1 or 2 too many!) but I am trying to get there. January 19th is my quit date but if I can do it before then that would be great. So many success (and some sad) stories here. So glad I discovered this site. I can't wait to post my blog that says 365 DAYS QUIT..that will be awesome.
0 Kudos
christine2007

Looks like everyone's doing VERY well. Newbies, hang in there!!!
0 Kudos
vickie5

Happy New Year Over 50's we are doing very well...I did some house cleaning over at my page and signed out of this group but decided to come back.....Hey all you newbies, I quit and I never thought I would quit so hang in there, talk to me if you need some support...I am pushing 8 months and cannot believe it...
0 Kudos
katheen

I'm 53 years youngand I have'nt quit yet our date is set for the 17th of this month. I've been smoking since I was 13 and now I have COPD because of the smoking. I need someone who'll be here for me whenever I get up in the mornings because that is the tough time for me. I live in Cal. so we're on the PST zone and I wake up around 2 in the mornings.

Kathleen Tinder
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Hello, I am 61. I smoked for 44 years and am now on 19 days into my quit.I smoked my last cigarette right before midnight on Dec. 31st. This has been a calm quit compared to my other 3 time I quit. The other three times I was an angry non smoker. I felt sorry for my self that I wasn't smoking and I would give in and smoke. This time I found a peace in not smoking and it has been this site that has made the difference. The support here is awesome. People had faith in me---that I could quit. They made me aware I was not alone. Kathleen, hopefully, you are on day two of your quit. My suggestion to you is to get on site and read read read and post often. It really helps. You can do this. Nancy
0 Kudos
katheen

Nancy,I'm only on day one because I smoked yesterday but today so far I've not smoked a cig. I do not want one don't have the desire to smoke. Went to church yesterday and the paster prayed over me about this addidiction and it left me after that and so far I'm not wanting one anymore and hopefully won't. This is the first time that I've quit where I'm not screeming or kicking something or someone. I feel good about this quit at this point and hopefully will continue for awhile because I can use some peace of mind at this point. I felt like I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and I wasn't sure what to expect next.
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Kathleen, Congratulations and you can do this. It won't be easy but if I can do this anybody can. I was a two and a half pack of cigarettes a day smoker. Times that by 44 years and it is amazing am still here. I am so blessed to have found this site this time. Just know you are not alone in this quit. Keep hanging in there. I will check in during the day. Love Nancy
0 Kudos
katheen

Thank you Nancy, I doappreachate you post this morning and it does mean alot to me to have friends who care about what is going on with me right now. I have over 20years clean and sober but this cig. is a toughie and I'm glad that I have a God in my life today because without Him I could'nt do thsi alone especially early in the morning whenever I wake up not to many up at that time of the morning.
0 Kudos