Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lois2

Quitters in Their 50's

Still smoke free, we have a strong quit going on,
Tags (1)
1,125 Replies
marie23

Good Morning and Happy day to all. Congrats to us all for staying smoke-free for one more day.Here we are in a new month to start fresh and do it right. Good Luck and good thoughts to you all. We are doing this, Who said you cant teach a old dog new tricks. What do they know we are proving them wrong lets keep it up.So lucky and grateful to have each other.
0 Kudos
ddt

Hi everyone, just joined the site and your group. My quit date is tomorrow (Monday) and I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I'm going to use the nicotine patches, all stocked up and ready to go. Looking forward to getting to know you.
0 Kudos
elizabeth5

Hi - i've been smoking for 32 years and turned 50 last month. Time to end the madness . . . My quit date is set for this month. Hang in there everyone.
0 Kudos
ddt

Elizabeth good luck on your quit.

Michael thank you so much for telling your story. I'm very sorry you are having to go thru all of this torture. Whenever I feel like smoking, I am going to come back here and watch your video. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.
  Di
0 Kudos
ddt

Hi Annie, your story sure sounds alot like mine. I also watch my husband die from lung cancer and still continued to smoke. And we have something else in common too....I will be 55 on the 29th of this month. Wishing you all the best on your quit! Di
0 Kudos
shannon3

Hi Everyone....
  I am new to this group, but I just joined BAE less than a week ago. It's been nice to join some other groups, however, I've noticed a lot of gossip and back-stabbing between members and that is NOT what I'm looking for! Glad to find you all.......btw........I'll be 60 on 12/16, is there a group for 60's????? YIKES
0 Kudos
dedebum

Welcome to the group..Ignore the backstabbing, etc. There are those of us who want to give and receive support. Best of luck to you.
0 Kudos
gary2

Hello everyone. Happy Thanksgiving! I am Gary from Aurora, IL. My quit date is tomorrow... 11/28/08.
0 Kudos
vickie5

Hi all you newbies.....6 months for me on Dec 1 pretty excited that I have made it that far....now looking at the 200 day mark.....stick with us stay quit.....
0 Kudos
dedebum

Way to go Vickie...I'm sticking. Today is day 20 for me.
0 Kudos