cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

missellen

Tempted

Well, I'm on day 20 today, which feels great!  But, boy have I been feeling the urge to smoke today.  It's funny, a couple of blogs I read this week really capture how I'm feeling.  The whole feeling of wanting to reward myself with a smoke for not smoking and feeling jealous of others who are smoking and having that little internal temper tantrum:  "But, I WANT TO!" while stamping my feet and pouting.

But, then I was sitting in my car at a stop light and the car next to me had some guy who was smoking and the smoke drifted over and it made me feel nauseated--hooray!  I never felt so happy to feel sick to my stomach.  So, that helped kill the urge.

I had a sinus cat scan this morning as well--aside from a very deviated septum and a septal spur, everything looked good--so, while still sinusey and uncomfortable, I can deal with that.

So, back to to more reading, and eating life savers!

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Barbscloud

Yea for staying the course.  At times, it is a challenge.  Those craving just hit you out of nowhere sometimes.  Always good to get good medical news though. 

44 DOF 

AnnetteMM

That's why I'm sure we're just romanticizing it, because the reality is nasty.

Lisaml

I agree, the reality is nasty. THere is literally nothing good that every came from smoking. Disease, stench, stigma and spiralling health. That's enough to kill any craving for me!!! 

Today is a CT sinuses. Next time (God Forbid) could be a CT chest- please hold on to your quit- keep the perspective that your health, your LIFE is at stake.  

I'm glad you're results were good today! Tell your inner threenager to stop It with the tantrums. You're NOT giving in today. 🙂 

YoungAtHeart

Here is a blog that you might find helpful.  We don't want the REALITY of a smoke - we are what I call, "romancing a cigarette":

/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2016/04/29/romancing-the-cigarette 

The reality is your lungs on fire, a nasty taste and a lost quit! 

You KNOW you don't want to go there - so DECIDE not to!

Nancy

elvan

missellen‌ I remember resenting people who smoked until someone here told me that they didn't WANT to smoke, they HAVE to...I had to for a very long time and I am so glad that is over.

Hugs,

Ellen

freeneasy

Good job! Stick with it. You'll never regret it.

Eyes65

Congratulations!!!  You can do it!!!  So happy for you!

Giulia

You might do some reading in Relapse Prevention‌  or put "relapse_traps"  in the community search bar.  The material in there will help to keep you grounded.  Kudos on the three weeks.  Stay the course.

maryfreecig

Great blog. All normal stuff. Keep growing your smobriety.