cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

flossiemaeal

very tempted

im on my day 6 and it has ben a very tempting day for  me .in the morning will be a week,i am trying so hard and people have ben so incouriging to me ,and helped me alott.but the timptation is  getting the best of me.the last time i tried to quit  about 2 years ago ,day 6 is when i started back,ohhh plz not this time.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
christianmary

Take it from someone who blew it, hold tight to your quit, don't smoke, it is hell to find the strength to start over again. God Bless and good luck

Mary

0 Kudos
ohiowriter

Have you tried any of the NRT meds yet? Nicotine meds? They can made a big difference for many. I found being bored was the hardest for me to remain quit. Or stressed out. You can do this. Good luck.

0 Kudos
johnmo

Your brain is trying to get that nicotine by convincing you to smoke. Be aware of what it's saying, but realize that it's just a helpless organ that has been chemically altered and thinks it needs nicotine to survive. YOU have the choice. YOU have the power to say yes or no. YOU decide to smoke or not, not it. Don't give it nicotine, and your brain will heal. It will thank you later for having the strength it does not.

Trust me, it will get easier. Cravings are your bodies' signal that it is cleaning itself out. Embrace the cravings! They will soon be gone completely.

J

0 Kudos
wanda4

Dont give up!!! You will regret it and end up where you wont want to be, its hard but your strong, its tempting but you can do this, dont look back, shake it off when the thought comes to mind, go forward full force, take charge, when you did at first when you dedided to quit!!!!  You'll feel better every day you've accomplished not smoking...Good Luck.

0 Kudos

You are the person who can determine your SUCCESS!!! Scream, Cry, Go for a walk, but DON'T give in!!! You CAN do this! Drink some more water and take a nap!  You can get through this day and you'll be very glad you did! Best Wishes! Quitting has nothing to do with luck - you make a decision and you respect yourself enough to honor that decision just for today!!! 

0 Kudos