cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quit Motivators

My reasons to quit smoking:
  Smoking contradicts the reason I pay $80 a month for my inhalers TO BREATH!!!
  Smoking causes skin to show aging earlier and I use Mary Kay to slow that process down!
  Smoking causes teeth to become stain and I use EVERY whitener to keep them looking good
  Smoking causes me to smell bad, and I have the greatest smelling shampoo and body wash sprays and lotions!
  Smoking costs me $120 or more a month and I am always whining about being broke!
  Smoking causes me to have a hard time working out, and I LOVE to stay in shape!!!
  Smoking is causing my granddaughter to imitate me! YUCK!!
  Smoking is slowly killing me-and I am not ready to die!!
  Smoking is going to be the reason I become one of those people who have an O2 tank every where they go-and I DO NOT want to be one of those people!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
82 Replies
sheila45

I am so happy to hear you have made it 4 months your friend would be so proud of you I know I am, Life is to short to let something take charge of us, In time you will see that you will forget about smoking, just try and not let anything take the place of them, when I stoped smoking I ate alot and ganed alot so now Im trying to lose that, the best thing is to keep yourself busy livein.. and if you ever need to talk im here.

0 Kudos
MoeUnfiltered

Hey Missiann,Brenda and Shelia I posted and reposted (because of the drug company spamming) a Thank You to my Pulmonologist who I see today.He was so sincere.i come from a family who used to take a doctors advice with a grain of salt and I was getting that way myself.But truthfully Dr Gilliam is the only one to really seemed to give a rat's    some doctors might mention it in passing but This was not even his first time mentioning it.This was the first time I was ready to hear it because of my friend being so sick....I really hopre he jumps up and down like the Toyata commercial...I don't think doctors are really the jumping up and down type.He is The one who told me about this website. I am excited and reserved too what if he is having a bad day and barely says anything. I will report back to you all. Keep the quit.Moe Unfiltered.

0 Kudos
r.devine

I decided to quit smoking this morning after I had read a letter my younger sister had wrote to me, it made me cry, I felt so guilty and knew that it was time to quit, not only for myself, but for her. She needs a good role model and she needs to know that I am healthy and not going to leave her.

This is what she wrote:   '...she used to smoke, and when I found out I started balling my eyes out. I didn't want the smoking to shorten the time that we have together, but she quit. i know she has been doing it a little lately because she is going through some tough times right now. Everytime I go over to her house, she goes outside to call someone and when she comes back in, I know she has been smoking because of the smell on her. It hurts me so much. I wanted to cry and tell her to never ever do it again, but I can't control her. That is her choice, but I have never told her about how I feel. It just hurts me so much, I don't want her to shorten her life. I would be devestated if she was ever gone, I don't know what I would do without her. I just want her to know how much it hurts me when she walks outside because I know she is going to smoke....'

I cried and never realized how much my smoking affected not only me, but people around me as well. This is when I said enough was enough after reading what my 13 year old sister had to say about my smoking. I am finally done with it and I hope to stay that way. I love my sister very much and I want her to know that she has been so motivating for me to quit! I have so much to thank her for!

0 Kudos
MissiAnn

wow R.devine, that brought tears to my eyes! You are doing the right thing for you and your sister. 

0 Kudos
sheila45

R.devine I am so happy to hear you are doing this for your sister, but make sure to do it for you also, alot of times people only do it for others and end up not finishing If you do it for both I have fath you will do just fine, godbless and if you need anything we are here for you.

0 Kudos
maryt2

the person I am quitting for is not even born yet. I'm quitting for the baby that my husband and i have been trying for for over a year.

0 Kudos
quitter39

I quit in memory of my dad.  Lost him 1-30-2010 to congestive heart failure.  That is not happening to me.  So, it is for my dad and myself!  I want to see my grandkids grow up & I just am not done living my life yet!

0 Kudos
MissiAnn

Sorry about you dad, Quitter............Doing it for your kids is great. I have an 8 years old boy  and I have been sharing with him the stuff I've been learning. I hope he never picks it up!

0 Kudos
sheila45

aww I think its wonderful that you are giving up smoking for your so to be child. that is the best gift you could ever give... I wish you the best of luck with you child godbless....

quitter... I am so sorry to hear about your dad, I understand the pain of losing someone like that, I am so happy you are giving them up and your kids will be very greatful to have you in there lifes longer... i wish you the best of luck godbelss ya all

0 Kudos
auntdee

My family Doctor was the person who initially inspired me to quit.  I have emphysema.  She listened to my lungs, looked at me really scared and said, "It is going to get ugly."  That did it.  Right then i knew it 'was' my time.  I went right to the drug store, got my patches, went home and put one on and started my quit.

It took me a few starts, but i finally got through it.  I have been quit ever since March 17, 2010. 

So many people at BecomeAnEx helped me through the rough times.  People i did not even know were posting on my message board and posting graphics.  It was wonderful and they played a major part in my success at quitting.  I don't know how i would ever thank them, except to look up all the new people and do the same for them.

Hugs, Doris

0 Kudos