cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Violet_Quit

Bariatric Surgery

Hi BryantD Hope you are having a good day. Thought i'd stop in to see how you are doing? Good Luck with the surgery i will be praying for you. I am considering Bariatric Surgery also. My sister is going to meetings right now for it.But I'm in the thinking about it stage. Alot to think about right now.Quiting smoking and losing weight. But i'm on Day 17 smoke free. I did join this group today so i'll be asking alot of questions soon.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
BryantD

Hey Lost, 

i wish that I could call you something else other than that, but you know what, you might need this name to understand your transformation.  So, it is a positive not a negative.  I want to say, thank you for reading my blog, and to make a suggestion.  Two of the biggest things we can do as former smoking addicts, is weight lost and quit smoking. I would not advise both at the same time.  One is hard enough and the body goes through a lot of changes, that you don't see but will be able to feel later on. Let's put about a year between you and your quit date and by then your curiosity will have been peaked, and many answered questions, and you would be ready to go.  Another thing is that with a year of non smoking behind you, your body will heal twice as fast. I still wouldn't mind at all answering any questions you may have. I have learned that I am not alone,,and there are many like me before and after so if man can and have done it, well darn it, so will I.  I am less than 20 days from my surgery, and a little over two years smoke free.  I can offer you what information I have and share my journey. 

0 Kudos
Violet_Quit

Did you do all your meetings you needed to go for your surgery? How about all Dr appointments? Just how many meetings did you need to go to? i don't know about going to the meetings i don't like that idea. lol  R u all ready for the surgery are is there more you need to do? I don't know how much i need are want to lose ? i'll need to think about that. Do you know how much you need to weigh  for them to do the surgery? i mean i know i could use it but first i need to stay  smoke free. i'm so sorry i get carried away with questions lol. i will stop for awhile Hope you don't mind me asking so many? 

0 Kudos
Violet_Quit

And yes i need to get fit before i deside on surgery and quit smoking. 

0 Kudos
Violet_Quit

i'm lost!!

0 Kudos
BryantD

Ok, Lost 

you are lost , what does that mean? Are you ok ? What is happening.  How are you coming along with not smoking? Ooh and an update on the surgery.  .  . I have two meetings to go to one with the surgeon and his nurses, and the other with a post op people about something. I am sure that after these meetings, I am set to be on a liquid diet for about two weeks and in two weeks time Friday the 21 of October I am getting the surgery. I can honestly say that many things in my life is changing,,however it is one thing that happens. Unfortunately this is the part of the surgery that no one can prepare you for.  There is a down side to the drastic change of life as one could imagine. Tell me how are you lost, and where do you find yourself? If I can help, I most certainly will. 

0 Kudos
Violet_Quit

i was lost because i couldn't find anyone. lol  I'm on Day 21 smokefree and i'm feeling great. I'm not quiting on my quit.... So glad you are getting prepaired for your surgery. I'm here chearing you on and if i can do anything let me know?

0 Kudos
BryantD

On Saturday, October 8, 2016, Bryant Dillard <bryant_dillard@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am proud of you my man, did this just for you, and you know what when you are 365 days clear no smoking I am hoping that you like me will reach back and take a unsuspecting friend under your wing and stay with them , cause sir, I am with you aaaaaaaaaaaallllll the way

0 Kudos
Violet_Quit

Well Hope all is well with you.Just wanted to let you know  i'm  not a sir lol I;m a mam sorry if you thought  other wise . i can move on if this bothers you. Let me know? And i'm on 25  DAYS SMOKE FREE.

0 Kudos