cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

j3ffmeadowsgm

Finding Motivation To Quit

Jump to solution

My last attempt at quitting I became focused on going to the store and buying tobacco. I am hoping Wellbutrin helps with this craving. I desperately need days with no smoke to heal my lungs. I am in very bad pain. This is the second day of Wellbutrin and I have three more days. I am limiting how much I am smoking now and have dumped the American Spirit rolling tobacco down the toilet. It cost $17 to buy the bag of American Spirit but I don't think about the cost of tobacco only the cost to my health. My health is the biggest motivating factor in my quitting smoking. I am tired of being in constant pain and having my lungs hurt. I take my medication at 9am. When I get to the point where I start thinking about going to the store for tobacco I will look in the mirror and tell myself "this isn't something I do anymore. I really want to do it this time.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarilynH

You can do this! Deep breaths and when your day ONE arrives keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and at the end of the day you'll be able to say YAY for Day WON as long as you're willing determined and committed to succeed then we will perservere through whatever comes your way and you'll do one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarilynH

You can do this! Deep breaths and when your day ONE arrives keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and at the end of the day you'll be able to say YAY for Day WON as long as you're willing determined and committed to succeed then we will perservere through whatever comes your way and you'll do one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm  Stay committed and stay busy!

Barb

Maki

IMG_5374.JPGIMG_5570.PNGIMG_5599.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

j3ffmeadowsgm

@Maki Thank You. I like the keep calm and starve the beast.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Add to your list of things to do. Surf the Waves!  101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke .  What are your interest, painting, drawing, woodwork, ceramics, photography.  If you do not have one this is a great time to start one with the money saved.  Continue on. One day at a time. One minute at a time.  Quitting is DOABLE.  EXtremely difficult BUT very Doable! 

0 Kudos