cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quit Motivators

My reasons to quit smoking:
  Smoking contradicts the reason I pay $80 a month for my inhalers TO BREATH!!!
  Smoking causes skin to show aging earlier and I use Mary Kay to slow that process down!
  Smoking causes teeth to become stain and I use EVERY whitener to keep them looking good
  Smoking causes me to smell bad, and I have the greatest smelling shampoo and body wash sprays and lotions!
  Smoking costs me $120 or more a month and I am always whining about being broke!
  Smoking causes me to have a hard time working out, and I LOVE to stay in shape!!!
  Smoking is causing my granddaughter to imitate me! YUCK!!
  Smoking is slowly killing me-and I am not ready to die!!
  Smoking is going to be the reason I become one of those people who have an O2 tank every where they go-and I DO NOT want to be one of those people!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
82 Replies
kitkat17

I haved tried the patch twice . The gum once. Trying the gum again. It is hard to tell

which is best. I had a allergic  reaction on one of the brand patches. I do not like the smell in hair or clothes.  Thankyou for advise.

0 Kudos
Zendlewise

I was never comfortable with what smoking may be doing to my body in all the years that i smoked, but oddly I was comfortable in smoking.  Like the sneak it is it , the addiction slipped into my life and made me its slave.  the health issues were always in the backof my mind, but I kept smoking anyway.  Finally I lost my job, and just couldn't afford the outrageously over-priced things any longer and was forced to deal with the issue I should have addressedyears ago.    I did not want to be gasping for breath 10 years from now and telling myself that I did it all to myself.   Smoking is so stupid.  the addiction makes otherwise intelligent people stupid.   I wanted to quit while I still felt good.  I am not so much afraid of dying as I am of suffering and pain.   I still feel very weak at times, I only hope I will remain strong in my resolve to quit.  Honestly, the addiction pulls one so forcefully, takes conrtol so easily....I hope it is true that it gets easier with time.

0 Kudos

Cigarette Fact:

The white paper from the cigarette that you smoke is actually dipped in bleached to turn white. So Technically you are smoking bleach...

0 Kudos