cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quit Motivators

My reasons to quit smoking:
  Smoking contradicts the reason I pay $80 a month for my inhalers TO BREATH!!!
  Smoking causes skin to show aging earlier and I use Mary Kay to slow that process down!
  Smoking causes teeth to become stain and I use EVERY whitener to keep them looking good
  Smoking causes me to smell bad, and I have the greatest smelling shampoo and body wash sprays and lotions!
  Smoking costs me $120 or more a month and I am always whining about being broke!
  Smoking causes me to have a hard time working out, and I LOVE to stay in shape!!!
  Smoking is causing my granddaughter to imitate me! YUCK!!
  Smoking is slowly killing me-and I am not ready to die!!
  Smoking is going to be the reason I become one of those people who have an O2 tank every where they go-and I DO NOT want to be one of those people!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
82 Replies
freeneasy

I smoked  last but on 01/05/13. I had eye surgery on 12/06 for a detached retina but needed a 2nd operation on 01/03.I smoked a couple of cigarettes on 01/03 before operation and 2 more on 01/04. I felt really lousey on 01/05 and finally stopped for good. I have been using the patch and also the gum once in a while if I feel a craving.  I hate the thought that the urge to continue to smoke was more important than recovering from surgery. I saw both of my parents suffer with COPD have known for a long time that I had to quit. I smoked a pack a day or more for more than 30 years. The EX community has been a great source of information and inspiration so far.

0 Kudos
Dakota_Posse

That is a great list of reasons to quit Luis!  I have one top reason when I quit and it was simply that "I will control what I do in my life.....not a sickorette!"

Cindy

0 Kudos
debr

Wow, Luis.  That is a very disgusting list of nastiness from cigarettes.  It really is enough to make you physically sick!!!  It goes a long way towards your quit, though!

0 Kudos
penny3712

Thanks for the invite....this is disgusting!!! Ex-actly why I am quitting!!!! Don't forget, my Q day is next Monday!!!! I will need alot of encouragement to get through the first few days....am ready though!!!!

Blessings,

Penny

0 Kudos
tinkerbell23

Thank for posting this it really helps to read thru it 

0 Kudos
luisdeleon619

thank you everyone

0 Kudos
kimcando

The list is amazing and very scary.  Thanks for the info.  Kim

0 Kudos
candylance

I have been on this site since February 2010, and I just GOT IT!!! The most I got was 50 days and it was Hell all the way. This time I have 74 days and I dare Nicodemon to darken my doorstep. I'm in No Man's Land with good friends, and their encouragement has gotten me here. Yes, I still have COPD but I wear oxygen only at night, and I'm still able to breathe. Thomas has enlightened every EX member about COPD and now they even have a COPD Awareness Day. I will make it to the Triple Digit Club. I no longer envy smokers, I pity them. I thank all of my friends but especially Ladybug, who seems to have made me her mission, and didn't want to see me fail again. There's a lot more positive vibes in my blogs this time. Please be a QUITTER with me. It's the best kind of QUITTER on earth.

Candy♥     d74

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

At first I would inhale using  half a drinking straw,  It was the right size and shape and since inhaling was the major thing I enjoyed about smoking, it helped me during the first few days.  

0 Kudos
debbie-v

I want to try and I know how hard it is. Thanks friends!

0 Kudos