cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MNVikes1

Day 3

I just wanted to say thank you for those who have reached out to me with support and advice; I really appreciate it and I have never even met you! 

This morning believe it or not seems the most challenging. Having coffee in the morning always triggers a cigarette craving but I am not giving in. 

I have purchased the book 'The Easy Way to Quit Smoking' and am on ch. 4. It is so true that we have been slaves to nicotine for years, giving up time with our loved ones and giving the attention to nicotine. It's humiliating. I need to keep my focus on that today.

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy.

16 Replies
sweetplt

Whoo hoo to Day 3 MNVikes1 ... we are here for you...honestly, we know how it feels...and many of us I had to not have coffee for sometime...for example, I switched to tea for several weeks, some changed up where they drank their coffee, another great idea is coming here and answering posts while having your coffee, changing up the routine, etc., 

I hope the book helps you ... reading a lot about addiction/quitting will help you so much in your journey.  Happy Tuesday ~ Colleen 589 DOF 

MNVikes1

Thank you for the support. I am changing up my coffee routine a bit and it's helping some. I agree that reading and gaining knowledge about addiction is super helpful! 

0 Kudos
RoseH

That book you are reading changed my life MNVikes1‌   !    I didn’t quit right away, but it kept “rolling around” in my head!  You can do this!  After fifty (50) years of being “a Chimney” I will be quit Two (2) Years on August 12, 2020...

Attitude is everything!  If you think you can, you will !  God bless you!  Rosemary

0 Kudos
MNVikes1

Yes, this book is very good! Congrats with two years after 50 yrs of smoking! Thats a great accomplishment! God Bless You as well, Rose

Barbscloud

Big congrats on day 3.   You're off to an amazing start on your journey to be nicotine free.  At 3 days what you're feeling is normal.  It will take some time to get through the physical and emotional part of quitting.  You've not only eliminated nicotine from your body but a multitude of toxins.  You're body is going to react, but it will continue to get better.  

I'm one of the ones that switched where I drank my coffee.  I would have it on the porch while I smoked numerous cigarettes.  I moved it to when I was on the Ex in the morning.  That worked for me, but some people have to avoid it completely.  Do whatever it takes in these early days of your quit.  

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

0 Kudos
MNVikes1

My body sure does feel better even on day 4. I have stomach issues as it is, and I think smoking really made it worse. Not smoking have not eliminated my stomach issues, but at least I am not continuing to poison my body. Thanks Barb!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Glad you're feeling better.  It can take some time.  Be good to yourself right now.

Barb

0 Kudos
MNVikes1

I made myself a hair appointment to treat myself. I thought I would use the cigarette money for something that makes me feel good

Thanks!

Barbscloud

Great.  That's the way to do.  After two years, I still save my cigarette money for me.

Barb