cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MNVikes1

Day 3

I just wanted to say thank you for those who have reached out to me with support and advice; I really appreciate it and I have never even met you! 

This morning believe it or not seems the most challenging. Having coffee in the morning always triggers a cigarette craving but I am not giving in. 

I have purchased the book 'The Easy Way to Quit Smoking' and am on ch. 4. It is so true that we have been slaves to nicotine for years, giving up time with our loved ones and giving the attention to nicotine. It's humiliating. I need to keep my focus on that today.

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy.

16 Replies
YoungAtHeart

So happy to hear you are reading the Carr book.  I credit it as being one of the things that allowed me to quit successfully on my very first attempt, and I have been quit now for over eight years.

Do drink your coffee in a different place than when you smoked, and hold the cup with your OTHER HAND.  I brought mine to my computer every morning and read here to keep my mind busy, get new ideas, and to ask for support when I needed it.

I have read here that the third day is more difficult pretty frequently. Change up your routines, stay busy, and sip on ice water all day.  Did you get some Fireballs or cinnamon toothpicks or gum?  If not, it's a good idea, too.  Slow, deep breaths, going slower and deeper with each, will work on every crave.

These early days are tough, no doubt about it.  You just get through them minutes/hours at a time. 

Hang in there.  I promise it does get easier!

Nancy

0 Kudos
MNVikes1

I have the nicotine gum from my doctor and that is helping, especially if I have a glass of wine in the evening. You make a great point with deep breathing. This is something I need to focus on is meditation. I am an anxious person. It's funny because I always thought nicotine would calm me down but it just made my heart race and made the anxiety worse!

Thanks so much for the support

0 Kudos
RoseH

Well Done.jpg

I think the first 3 days are the absolute worst!  After that, it seems “more normal” to not light up...you are doing great!

MNVikes1

Love this  Thank you!

indingrl

3 DAYS OF NICOTINE FREEDOM - WAY TO GO

MNVikes1

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
indingrl

YOUR doing good STAYING NICOTINE FREE