cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mmschaefer

Heading into day 3

Starting to get some bad headaches and even nausea. Day 3 is tomorrow. Does it get easier after 3rd day?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kimshine

@mmschaefer It gets easier but I don't think anyone can put a limit on the third day being the day it gets better. Keep pushing through. Headaches and nausea aren't nearly as hard to deal with as emphysema or cancer. All the best!

Maki

Nicotine leaves your body quite early on in your quit , from there it’s the emotional attachment you will be working on , so yes it gets easier , like Kimshine says no specific day when it will get easier but trust it will  . It takes time .Keep up the good work , post and don’t smoke . 

Barbscloud

@mmschaefer Welcome to the Ex. Most of the nicotine is gone from your body in three days, but it can take 3 -4 weeks as it gradually declines from your body.

I was fortunate to find the Ex a week prior to my quit.  I learned about nicotine addiction and that I needed a plan that would prepare for what I was going to encounter on my journey.  And for the first time, I had the support of fellow quitters.

Take the time to learn how to do this.  Part of it is mindset and part of it is hands on work identifying triggers, what tools you'll use, what associations you'll create instead of smoking, etc.   Spend time on the site, getting a well as giving support.  The early days take commitment so why not have other quitters to help you deal with the up and downs of this journey.

This link is a great place to start

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here for you so reach out anytime we can help.    Going for walk if you're able, is a great way to refocus your thinking and get an added boost of dopamine.   Spend time on the site when you need it the most.

Here are some common withdrawal symptoms.  Be patient with yourself right now.  It will get better.

Withdrawal symptoms.png

Consider taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time, even the weekend.

Super congrats on 3 days of success.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos