Dpremier1

Support needed

Discussion created by Dpremier1 on Jun 30, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 4, 2020 by elvan

Hi All -

I smoked cigarettes for 20 years. 4 years ago I quit cigarettes and switched to the Juul. I’ve had the odd cigarette here and there (mostly while in Vegas or a night out), but when I wake up in the morning, I have not been compelled to smoke cigs again. The problem is I got more addicted to my vape then I was cigarettes. I have found it extremely difficult to quit the vape as the cravings are intense. I started my quit journey last week (Tuesday) and made it 2.5 days without vaping until I had a drink. 

I went out and bought more vape pods and vape throughout the weekend. I “quit” again yesterday and made it fairly well throughout the day, but woke up this morning with intense cravings.

I am using the patch, but it does not really satisfy my cravings so far. I don’t want to say that I’m feeling depressed as that is a bit extreme, but I also feel like I’ve lost my best friend. I vape first thing in the morning until last thing at night. Mostly because I could do it inside and or whenever I wanted to.

I know this is mostly for cigarettes, but haven’t found many resources for quitting vaping. Has anyone experienced this? Will it get better? I’m really trying to make this work for myself, but also for my wife and kids.

Thanks for reading my long post and appreciate any words of encouragement!

Outcomes