cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ryneesha

I need support

My grand mother is dying and I'm a crying mess and all I wanna do is smoke a cigarette. I haven't though but my craving is very strong right now.

Labels (1)
15 Replies
Barbscloud

@ryneesha Welcome to the Ex and congrats on you quit.  Losing a loved one is probably the hardest thing we deal with in life.   This is not an easy thing to deal with one day into your quit.   Everyone here has learned that smoking isn't going to  make this any easier for you.   As we move through our quits, we learn that life is going to happen whether we smoke or not.  

Stick to your commitment and know that we're here to support you.  So reach out anytime we can help or you want to share your journey with us.  

Consider taking the Daily Pledge.  I think this will be a big help for  you right now to keep yourself accountable to yourself.

Barbscloud_1-1675799686293.jpeg

Barb

biscuit9

Your grandmother would not want you to smoke, take that from me, a grandmother of 10.  She would want you healthy and living a good life!  Best believe that!  You do not want to take up that addiction again, you know that, because QUITTING SUCKS.  

I am so sorry for your loss, by the way.  Hope it gets a little easier for you.

Barbscloud

@ryneesha Thinking about you.  How are you doing?

Barb

0 Kudos
ryneesha

I'm doing pretty good. Your words and everyone else helped me very much. Today is day number four without smoking and I'm managing pretty good.

Barbscloud

@ryneesha Glad you stopped by with an update.  Congrats on day 4.

There will be ups and downs on this journey, so don't forget we're here for you if you need some support.

Barb

ryneesha

Thank you I appreciate that. I'm not use to having anyone to support me or talk to about making real change. So it's a breath of fresh air.

SuzyQ411

@ryneesha 

hug, snoopy and windstock. clm.jpg

Just came on your post today. 

Wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Let us know how you are doing, ok?

We're here for you~

0 Kudos
ryneesha

Thank you...I'm hugging you back.💖

SuzyQ411

Thanks for the rebound hug @ryneesha - I needed that!

0 Kudos