Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get ready for your quit date on 10/31/19

Hi again!

You've probably seen a message from me previously welcoming you to the community. From what I can see it appears your quit date is coming up in a week from now.  To get ready for that date it's good to prepare yourself. Below are a short list of things you can do to prepare yourself for your quit date. Other EXperienced quitters of the EX Community may come along and share their quit wisdom as well. Keep an open mind as you start an amazing journey!

Adamaguira92 amandacollins  amy1974  caramapp  cassie61111  Ddub2334  DimitriyJUULs  fedup4real  fettkrystal  Foxy062725  ghostly67  goooob123  Greg47099  Grenz45  imissliving  jack.baumann  jakedavidson01  jeneane  Jlovely317  jperrow  Jshepp80  Kaylamae8891  kristihenry3  Liz2019  Maria1983  Mckinzey8  mistahfree  mtdraper69  Nancycuddington  nbaker  notsofancynancy  pberry94  Petunia25  rrhillestad  Ruby-1  samuelbray51  Sondra0510  Swynn  Tarajayne1  tony5606 Trogers81  willis1950  zildjianride22 

If I've somehow gotten your quit date wrong, my apologies. Please ensure your quit date is up to date by following these steps:

1. Ensure your quit date is set on My Quit Plan.
  2. Log out of the community. Use this link. (Logging out of My Quit Plan will not work.)
  3. Log back into BecomeAnEX.org so your quit date will sync from My Quit Plan to the community.
  4. Go to your profile (round avatar in upper right of page and click view profile) and click your My Quit Stats tab to see if your date has been updated.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
sweetplt

Great information Mark...I can’t wait for a this group of quitters on the 31st of this month...we are here for each of you...stay close...~ Colleen 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

This is great Mark.   Proactive!

Barb

0 Kudos
Maria1983

This is so hard.   I’m doing it for my boyfriend

I recently found the cream of tarter with orange juice and it helps to quit smoking by and it does but the urges are still there and my arm hurtsm what can I do about the arm

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I'm confused.  What's wrong with your arm?.  Do you need to see a doctor?  We would like to know more, so please post to the community so we can help.  I want you to quit smoking for you, because your're an amazing , wonderful, human being.   You deserve that for yourself.

Barb

Maria1983

It has a tingling sensation because I’m not picking up a cigarette.  And also I had done so well today. I hadn’t had one since 6 am and this lady came into the restaurant totally pissed me off. So I ask a co worker for a cigarette. Any ideas what could do when I get mad and have the urge to smoke

0 Kudos
elvan

Maria1983‌ Accept that it is completely normal and acceptable to feel angry.  Find a different outlet, one that doesn't risk your health. I used to smoke when I was angry too...FURIOUSLY, I would sit and puff away envisioning the object of my anger incinerating.  Of course that never happened and I just made myself sicker and sicker.  Quitting smoking requires learning to deal with our emotions...as far as the arm is concerned, develop an exercise program for it.  It will pass.  By smoking today, you gave that customer power over you...it isn't worth it.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Feeling for you.  Time to regroup here. What is really going on?  Have you quit or are you still wanting too?  This takes some work that none of us want to deal with.  It may be one of  the hardest things you ever do in your life.  It was for me.  It's so important to read everything you can on the site an educate yourself about nicotine addiction so you that understand what you have to deal with.  And, create a quit plan.  This is something you really have to commit to.  We've all tried to quit so many times, but you have to make this you forever quit  Only you can do that.  We are so here for you and want you to be successful.   You're success is our success.  What can we do for you?  Just reach out for support if adn when you need it.  We so want to celebrate with you. 

Instead of smoking:  go for a walk, take deep breathes, chew on on straws, drink cold water, the hell with the person that pissed you off-you're more important than them.

Barb

0 Kudos
elvan

I, too, am confused about your arm.  I don't understand the connection.  I would strongly advise you to quit for yourself and not your boyfriend.  This is the best decision you can make for YOU.

Ellen

0 Kudos