You've probably seen a message from me previously welcoming you to the community. From what I can see it appears your quit date is coming up in a week from now. To get ready for that date it's good to prepare yourself. Below are a short list of things you can do to prepare yourself for your quit date. Other EXperienced quitters of the EX Community may come along and share their quit wisdom as well. Keep an open mind as you start an amazing journey!
- Read through our Getting Started Guide and Complete your profile.
- Get really familiar with your My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and complete as many steps as possible.
- Get reading both on My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and here on the EX Community(especially the Best of EX)
- Prepare a Quit kit.
- Ensure you have NRT (if you plan on using it). You may need to call 800-QUIT-NOW if your employer/health plan provider doesn't sponsor you here on EX.
- Plan out a routine change.
- Have a list of craving busters and craving buster techniques.
- Prevent Relapse and check out Relapse Prevention .
- Bookmark the EX Community so you can get back here quickly when you have a craving.
- Prepare your friends and family and write a letter to a loved one.
- Write a goodbye letter to vaping/smoking/chewing.
- What To Expect In The First Four Months.
- Read about other's quit journeys.
- Start a blog post here on EX and journal your quit journey.
Adamaguira92 amandacollins amy1974 caramapp cassie61111 Ddub2334 DimitriyJUULs fedup4real fettkrystal Foxy062725 ghostly67 goooob123 Greg47099 Grenz45 imissliving jack.baumann jakedavidson01 jeneane Jlovely317 jperrow Jshepp80 Kaylamae8891 kristihenry3 Liz2019 Maria1983 Mckinzey8 mistahfree mtdraper69 Nancycuddington nbaker notsofancynancy pberry94 Petunia25 rrhillestad Ruby-1 samuelbray51 Sondra0510 Swynn Tarajayne1 tony5606 Trogers81 willis1950 zildjianride22
If I've somehow gotten your quit date wrong, my apologies. Please ensure your quit date is up to date by following these steps:
- Ensure your quit date is set on My Quit Plan.
- Log out of the community. Use this link. (Logging out of My Quit Plan will not work.)
- Log back into BecomeAnEX.org so your quit date will sync from My Quit Plan to the community.
- Go to your profile (round avatar in upper right of page and click view profile) and click your tab to see if your date has been updated.
EX Community Manager