cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

renee3

New

Well I have finally figured out what I'm doing hmm I think. I live in Northeast Texas Friday the 27 is my quit day. Gosh I pray I can do this. Its alot easier thinking about not smoking then really doing it. But I cant give in I dont want to be a withdrawl junkie and I know I will never stop trying.I am tired of abusing myself by starting and then giving in. and tired of being chained to a stick that doesnt even taste good. I could use support buddies . Thats another thing that is hard for me asking for help LOL Its easier to give it then to ask for it. Im 44 and not getting any younger and would like to really start enjoying a free life. Its good to be here .
0 Kudos
5 Replies
lauren16

Today is my quit day too! Good luck! 🙂
0 Kudos
angelquit

Welcome! You've come to the right place. We've all been where you are now, so just ask and we'll support you in any way possible. Good Luck. Angelquit - Free and Healing for Three Months, Fifteen Days, 17 Hours and 58 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 7 Days and 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 2155 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $400.44.
0 Kudos
polly2

Hi Renee! You CAN do this! This is a great place for support and also a great place to reach out and help others! I've found that I have had to be mentally tough and constantly remind myself that smoking is NOT an option. That thought eliminates all excuses and reminds me that this is it -- FINAL! My choice of weapons are cinnamon sticks, water, oranges, carrots, a rubber band on my wrist that I can snap, a sense of humor and support from my friends and this site. Way to go on day one!! Keep it up and keep coming back!!
0 Kudos
renee3

Thank you polly. Yes I do cinnamon candy and veggies I look like a mad woman eating. But thats ok good idea about the rubber band. I look forward to having moments when smoking doesnt cross my mind. gosh I might have more room in my head for something really interesting. I do have a since of humor a big one. I have to to survive. Have a blessed evening
0 Kudos
renee3

Thank you hothula so much !!
0 Kudos