Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

qsiesue

New here,,,,day 2

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Third quit attempt. I quit for 8 months 7 years ago. I failed and have been smoking since. Im tired of smoking. My health has deteriorated, (lungs arent happy) and I am done with them. I am using the nicoderm cq 14 mil patch. The plan is to use them for 4 weeks and then step down to the 7 mils. Any  advice you all can give me is going to be read, considered, and appreciated.

Thanks in advance

qsiesue
Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
maryfreecig

20220808_163610.jpg

Congratulations!!! Please stick to one day at a time and stick with Ex whether you blog or not. There is a ton of support and info to quide you forward in your quit. It's important to stay committed and that's where being around other quitters comes in handy. We all get how weird it can be to quit.

View solution in original post

MarilynH

Stay close @qsiesue We're all here for you please reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Barbscloud

@qsiesue Welcome again.  Just answered your other post and there is some material there to read.

I'm glad you've chosen to use some quit aids to help with your quit.  I used Welbutrin and nicotine inhalers and they made the physical withdrawal easy.  But, there are two parts to quitting. The psychological part includes all the activities and events we attach to smoking.   That part takes work as we learn new associations to replace smoking.

Stay close and reach out anytime we can help.  We want you to be successful.

Barb

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

20220808_163610.jpg

Congratulations!!! Please stick to one day at a time and stick with Ex whether you blog or not. There is a ton of support and info to quide you forward in your quit. It's important to stay committed and that's where being around other quitters comes in handy. We all get how weird it can be to quit.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome again @qsiesue . Its no easy task giving up smoking, so please show yourself so grace. The good news is that you are not giving up on your fight to stop! We are here to support you every step of the way. I've linked some articles for you to read at your leisure.  

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/stay-quit/

-Quiana, Ex team

EX Community Admin Team
qsiesue

Thank you so much!

qsiesue
0 Kudos
champsin97

Don't feel bad.  I quit for 10 months and thought I was about to become part of the 6% club.  And then..........17 years later.......I'm back to day 2.  I am going cold turkey.  I also have some health problems so it's got to go!  One day at a time.  Stay positive.  Stay focused.  Learn to deal with triggers.  Reach out when you need help.  Staying engaged on here will help with it all.  Congrats on day 2!

qsiesue

I always hoped I could go cold turkey, but didnt have the will power to make that stick, so I am doing what I know works for me. Stress is my trigger. I have to learn how to make stress ricochet and not go to my crutch when it doesnt. You stay with me, I'll stay with you.......we will make these two quits stick. Here if you need me....

qsiesue
0 Kudos
MarilynH

Stay close @qsiesue We're all here for you please reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can.