cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

diabolicalnow

New Here

Hi all...so, I have been a smoker for 25 years, I smoke anywhere from a pack to a pack and a half a day, that was up until Monday, November 1,2010 at 7:30pm. I smoked what I am hoping to be my last cigarette for the rest of my life. I have tried quitting in the past, probably about 10 times, the longest I went was for about a year and then I went back. I'm using the patch and so far so good. I have cravings but they pass, not always easily but they do pass. I'm determined to not let cigarettes control my life anymore and am trying to relearn life without them, not an easy feat at times. Well, that's my story, good luck to everyone!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Hey there!  Luck really has nothing to do with it. You make a choice and then you honor it. It's good that you are here - please come to the blogs and introcue yourself!

0 Kudos
ellybell

I'm proud of you. I put my final cigarette out at 08:00pm on 11/01/09, I knew the second I put it out I would never light another.

Small steps, be kind to yourself, do something healthy.

0 Kudos
ygal01

I to had my last one at 4:00, 11/1/10. I hope to celebrate an anniversary with all of you! I would love to make a year. The best I have done is 8 months and that is just not good enough for me!!

0 Kudos
fraxini

11/1/10 a good beginning to a healthy lifestyle change 🙂 . WE CAN DO IT!!

0 Kudos
cb_3

Welcome, your at the right place....everyone here is very supportive.  Looks like you have some quit buddies already..stay strong, protect your quit.

0 Kudos
help-needed

Good Morning,

My name is Help Needed, I'm new to the community. I've been smoking for over 30yrs. off and on. The longest I ever went without smoking was from 1987-1991. In between i've tried several times again, my success not so good. Recently, i had an operation to have my gallbladder remove because of infection. All my friends said "you have to watch what you eat, " but I know it was because of smoking. I'm scared now because even that wasn't enough to make me put them down, I need help, I pray as much as the next man, i still smoke. I tell myself that i need to slow down, but in my heart i know i need too stop, done, quit.......

0 Kudos
diabolicalnow

Thanks for all the supportive words. Day 8 and still no smokes and the urge is not so bad anymore either. WE CAN DO IT!!

Help Needed - You need to want to quit. I used to lay out a million reasons why I didn't have to quit and they are all just excuses because I was weak, I needed and loved to smoke. It's not a good thing and I wish I never picked up the habit 25 years ago, but you can quit, you just really really have to want to. I'm using the patch and an electronic cigarette (nicotine free cartridge) and it totally works for me. Find the will power within and JUST DO IT!

0 Kudos