cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

leah7178

I'm new here and coming here is the first step

Hi I'm new here ive decided today that enough is enough and it's time to quit vaping.  I've beat alcohol and cigarettes and I've got 5 yrs free of them but I used vaping to help me quit but unfortunately it backfired and is way more addictive than either alcohol or cigarettes.  I'm starting by leaving my vape in another room and night and not waking up to vape anymore.  Wish me luck! Since starting vaping heavily I often feel sick and I want to feel good again

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Barbscloud

@leah7178 Welcome to EX. Glad you found us. No matter the source, nicotine is an addictive chemical so it takes commitment  to quit.  Often with vaping you're actually getting more nicotine than with smoking.  And the fact that you vape almost anywhere doesn't make it any easier.

The same principles to quit smoking will apply to your quit. It's important to educate yourself about nicotine and have a quit plan. Knowledge and preparation have been made quitting possible for many of us. I never did neither in the past and I was never successful. I was planning my quit this time and found the Ex a week before my quit date. I finally learned how to quit and how important support from other quitters can be. Read lots of material on the site. This link is a great place to start.

Quitting Guides

Believe in yourself that you can do it. Approaching your quit one day at a time helps to alleviate much of the anxiety we experience when we think about quitting.

We're here to support you so reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience, and to support other quitters.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge. It's a great way to stay on track with your quit.  Looking forward to celebrating with you on the 12th.

Barbscloud_1-1690113580471.jpeg

Barb

maryfreecig

Wanting to quit can get you to where you want to be if you take the time to learn about nicotine addiction, plan your quit. Welcome to Ex, keep working toward your goal. Focus on deciding that you are willing to quit, give it all you've got once you do.

You may be right about vaping being more addictive, but when you stopped smoking and replaced it with vaping you didn't really quit nicotine--that's what is really hard to quit. No matter the difficulty of dependency, there is absolutely a way out!

Yes you can one step, one day at a time.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 9.37.04 PM.png313137687_445208214403582_360935064905514522_n.jpg

Maki

How are you doing today @leah7178 ? 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@leah7178 Yesterday was your quit day.  How are you doing?  We're here for you if you need some help.

Barb

0 Kudos