cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sugarbaby1959

Birthday Day Gift to myself

i quit smoking on July 18th my birthday. I was Losing my voice and needed to heal from mouth surgery. I’ve gained 12 pounds and I’m struggling. I so want to forget this habit and addiction. I want to feel like a non smoker.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
biscuit9

So approximately quit day 21 then?  That's quite amazing and means you have been saying NO! to nicotine.  Some quitters can't make it this far, but you are. Let your throat heal and don't feed the nic monster!  Remind yourself, I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE,  then use your tools of distraction.  Don't let nic win, you have come too far.  In 10 days, you will be one month nic free.  Keep adding up the days of healthy CHOICES.  Nic will only continue harming your throat and you don't want that.  

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Sugarbaby1959 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your 22 days of success.  What a great birthday gift to yourself.  I'm glad you found us. The Ex is a great way to keep your quit on track.

It's not to late to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addition to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Join many  of us on the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats @Sugarbaby1959 on your quit so far! Don't let the concerns about weight gain distract from the amazing work you've done to remain smoke free so far. If you do need any tip/strategies to curb the weight gain, this page on EX may be helpful: https://www.becomeanex.org/keeping-the-weight-off/

- Sarah, EX Community Admin Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos