Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

britter6686

New here

Hi, excited and nervous here. 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Barbscloud

@britter6686 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Those mixed emotions are normal.   It's common to be nervous. After all, we've smoked our way through every emotion and activity in our lives.  Approaching your quit one day at a time will help to alleviate that anxiety.  Right now you only have to quit for one day!

I have numerous attempts at quitting and it finally took me 50 years to get it right.  What was different this time?  I had a quit date, an aid, a class and cut down for a week. Sounds like a road to success.  I was fortunate to find the Ex a week prior to my quit.  I learned about nicotine addiction and that I needed a plan that would prepare for what I was going to encounter on my journey.  And for the first time, I had the support of fellow quitters.

Take the time to learn how to do this.  Part of it is mindset and part of it is hands on work identifying triggers, what tools you'll use, what associations you'll create instead of smoking, etc.   Spend time on the site, getting a well as giving support.  The early days take commitment so why not have other quitters to help you deal with the up and downs of this journey.

This link is a great place to start

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

We're here for you so reach out anytime we can help.  Have a plan for the weekend. What activities can you plan?  Going for walk is a great way to refocus your thinking and get an added boost of dopamine.   Spend time on the site when you need it the most 

Consider taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time, even the weekend.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 8th. I'm a March quitters also and will be celebrating 5 years on the 13th.  

Stay busy and stay close.

Barbscloud_0-1677086647093.jpeg

Glad you'll be joining us.

Barb

0 Kudos

@britter6686 Welcome! It’s a wonderful community that will provide a lot of support with your quit!

biscuit9

All quitters are welcome here. Quit day 158 for me and I found this site a couple weeks in to my quit and I've been here ever since.  It is nice to have a sounding board, but also, there is alot of good info. on this site and some helpful people as well.  Just do a search.  Education is key, so educate yourself on nicotine addiction. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@britter6686 You're quit is approaching.  Have you been preparing?  Don't forget, we're here to help.

Barb

0 Kudos