cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MManchester68

New Here

Hi everyone.  I'm finally admitting that I can't quit by myself.  I've been trying for a very long time and am hoping this is the boost I need to do it.  I know this isn't the only thing I need, but it's another tool in the quitting process.  Anyway, thanks for listening.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
wileycoyote

Today is day 1 (again) for me too! I have tried by myself so many times and failed. We can get through this! We can do it! Lisa

0 Kudos
lilwags68

Hi all - I'm at 24 hours and counting.  It's hard to resist that urge, but it really does last for such a short time.  I have been wanting to quit for a long time but never really made it to the the READY stage.  This week, I caught a cold, that promptly settled in my chest.  It hurt to smoke...but at first, I was just not inhaling as deeply so I could keep smoking.  IDIOT!!!! 

I decided last night to use the situation to my benefit.  I am done. I have smoked about a pack a day since I was about 18.  Now 44...I know it won't be easy, but it is what it is, and must be done.

wish me luck!

0 Kudos
MManchester68

Good luck to both of you as well.  It is and will be a very difficult process, but I'm confident we can all get through it.

0 Kudos
mikaiyasmom

Hello my name is Nicole and this is day one for me. I am eager yet nervous. This is my second time at trying to quit but I pray its the last. I have made the first step and that was the hardest so I am hoping my drive and ambitions will help me through this process.
0 Kudos
MManchester68

Hello Nicole.  I know it sounds cliche but admitting you have a problem really was the hardest part and, ironically, the first step.  Good luck!

Mark

0 Kudos
rothexl

Hi Mark,  wishing you best of luck & energy with your quit! I've began my ump-teenth quit almost 7 days ago and this time it seems to work again. There were quits when I didn't even manage 24 hours (with patches, mind you..!) and this time it's going a lot better again. It really depends on your state of mind, to find really good points, convincing, deep ones, why it is the ONLY right decision to quit smoking. 

All the best, Rike

0 Kudos