cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Redsoxnut

First day

Day 1. Using the patch. Should I take it off tonight?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
28 Replies
freeneasy

Keep stacking the days  You-can-do-it-BABY.jpgN.O.P.E. = HOPE!

0 Kudos
elvan

I am not sure if you can't sleep because you are leaving the patch on at night or if you can't sleep because you are taking it off???  I never used it but I have heard from people that it causes very vivid and disturbing dreams, so much so that many people have to take it off at night and slap a new one on first thing in the morning.  

Whatever symptoms you are feeling are likely to pass...patience is not a commodity that most of us have in the beginning of our quits.  Hang in there, it WILL get easier.

Welcome to EX.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Redsoxnut

The first & second night I left it on & last night , I couldn't sleep so I took it off... didn't wear it all day today!!

0 Kudos
elvan

How did you do not wearing it at all today?  I sure wouldn't put it on before you go to bed!

0 Kudos
Redsoxnut

I was fine all day. Now still can't sleep

0 Kudos
elvan

Hope you eventually got some sleep.  Some people have problems sleeping at the beginning of a quit, some people want to sleep all the time.  I think it's a really individual thing.  Hope you have a great day...Redsoxnut‌  You are at the beginning of a seriously amazing journey, it just doesn't SEEM that way at the beginning.

Redsoxnut

Thanku! Me too. Falling asleep at work haha! patients are looking for their Nurse & I will be asleep in a hospital bed !

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
elvan

ANOTHER nurse???  I am a retired RN who worked ER and ICU towards the end of my career.  There are several nurses here.  At least we are growing, better late than never.  Hope you sleep well tonight.

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

I wore the patches for 2 weeks, always took them off at night so I can sleep (they were not giving me nightmares, just busy times).

But if you feel ready to give them up, go for it!

0 Kudos