cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

First Day of Quitting Humor

Jump to solution

I made this video (with my morning face)  as an experiment 9 years ago back in 2014, eight years after I had quit, simply for humor.  I thought I would dress it up some, use a real tea cup, refine it, make the diction better, do my hair, put on makeup,  script it better, etc.  but I never got around to it.  And probably won't at this stage.  And probably better that I don't.  I couldn't re-create the timing anyway, it was totally spontaneous.   A creative spur of the moment idea when the Muse was with me.  But I think it might provide some humor for those of you who ARE going through your Day One or two or three - of quitting.  The object is simply to make you laugh and let you know we old timers with our long-term quits have been there, done that!   And you WILL survive.

With love....  DAY ONE 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoungAtHeart

PRICELESS!  😁😂🤣😅

Good reminder, too, for those of us with long quits why we NEVER want to put ourselves through that first day again.  It was JUST like that!

(and I like the video just the way it is!)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
maryfreecig

Totally hilarious. I love quit videos of all kinds. They helped me prepare and to get through sketchy times...🙄....🤣...😓...😭...😡...🤔...😳 and so on!!!

Barbscloud

@Giulia That's great.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

PRICELESS!  😁😂🤣😅

Good reminder, too, for those of us with long quits why we NEVER want to put ourselves through that first day again.  It was JUST like that!

(and I like the video just the way it is!)

Giulia

Good point, Nancy!  @YoungAtHeart   NADO (Never Another Day One!) is my motto.  Just the thought of another day one has kept me smoke free for life!

Thyme

Omg, great video! Truth!

SuzyQ411

Oh Lordy @Giulia -- so darned realistic! It did give me some chuckles but the realism of Day One makes me definitely not want to go back there EVER!! Thanks for posting this!!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Just discovered your response, @SuzyQ411  (One day maybe they'll figure out why I'm getting no notifications from this site.)  It's so great to be past this stage!!!  To those who haven't yet gotten there, trust us - if you  hang in long enough, you WILL.  And you'll be ever so grateful you did.

SuzyQ411

Following your above response, I just watched this priceless video again. Just as hysterical the 2nd time around 🤣. You are one talented lady!!

(Hope someone can figure out your ongoing issue with notifications!)

0 Kudos
dropitnow

Thanks for that very good laugh! Super funny truths. I'm on day 13 - I can see referring back to this video. Laughter is very good medicine for the quitter.

Lydia-kay