cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

taylorshae

my first day

Jump to solution

today i decided that i’m going to quit for good, and i’m terrified that i’ll fail for the millionth time. this time is definitely different because i’m actually taking action to quit but i’m just so, so nervous about this. i know that i’ll never succeed if i’m this afraid to fail, but i just can’t shake it. i want to quit so bad, more than i ever have before.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Snowdoggie

@taylorshae I heard on tv that people try to quit 9 times before they have success. I tried 3 times. If you try and fail, just learn from it and try again. 

I read everything on this site to help me quit. If you are willing to educate yourself and prepare a "tool kit" you stand a good chance for success. We will be here to help you. You can do it.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Snowdoggie

@taylorshae I heard on tv that people try to quit 9 times before they have success. I tried 3 times. If you try and fail, just learn from it and try again. 

I read everything on this site to help me quit. If you are willing to educate yourself and prepare a "tool kit" you stand a good chance for success. We will be here to help you. You can do it.

Barbscloud

@taylorshae Welcome to the Ex.  If you haven't done so already, read material on the site about nicotine addiction and preparing to quit. These two steps will help you to be successful. This link is a great place to start.https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Fear of quitting is common.  We've smoked through every emotion and activity in our lives.  It took me numerous attempts and 50 years to finally be successful.  I was afraid of not be successful and also losing my "best friend".   When I realized I could smoke again tomorrow and I only had to not smoke for one day, it helped to alleviate that fear.  Don't think about forever right now.  Think about today and that one day will turn into many.

Are you considering using an aid or quitting cold turkey?

We're here to support you, So reach out anytime we can help or you want to share your journey.

Consider taking the Daily Pledge. It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time.

Make the commitment and we'll be celebrating with you on the 7th. Use that time to learn how to quit!

Barb

Barbscloud

@taylorshae Yea, today is your quit date!    You got this

Barb

0 Kudos
ColbyWells25

@taylorshae i quit yesterday i bought citrus nicotine pouches today and everything is going great they make me feel like i have super powers

Barbscloud

@ColbyWells25 Welcome to the Ex.  and congrats on your decision to quit.   This is an older post  so I hope @taylorshae is still working  on their quit.

It's good to see you on the Daily Pledge.  If you're interested, introduce yourself to the community and receive the support you deserve by posting to My Journal/Blog.

t's not to late to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
lbernard

I agree with Snowdoggie; this is my umpteenth "first day" - but I feel like each time I've tried has made me feel less and less intimidated by it, if that makes sense. 

Also, this website and the text reminders are really helping me! 

Hang in there. 🙂

Barbscloud

@lbernard I'm glad you found the text reminders.  They really helped me get motivated a week prior to my quit.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

champsin97

One day at a time.  Pledge every day and use all the tools here to help.  Be active and post.  So much support here you almost can't fail.  Stay strong!

GoldenGrain

Yesterday was my first day and I waited all day to smoke half a cigarette at the end of the day. I feel bad about it. Today I smoked 2 when I usually smoke 8 to 10 cigs or more even a day. I need help!