cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tammy591

Day 5

Day 5 here, so far today, beautiful day here in Virginia Beach, going to go for a walk a little later, and enjoy some fresh, clean air. I hold myself accountable by showing up here each day, reading and responding, don't want to get away from what has helped me so much each day. Sometimes I get on several times a day when a craving or thought comes to mind. Bad cravings, bad thoughts, go away, I replace with good, positive things until those suckers leave. Hope everyone is having a great day. To those who may be struggling right now, talk about it, get real about it, there is endless information and answers here to stay quit for the moment until it passes. It doesn't matter how many times I go back, I am always welcomed back.  And for that I am grateful.

Labels (1)
10 Replies
Barbscloud

@Tammy591 Congrats on day 5.  I know showing up here multiple times a day worked for me when I first quit.   Having a support system has many positive benefits.  Going for a walk in Virginia Beach sounds like  beautiful way to spend your Sunday.  

Glad you stay close.

Barbscloud_1-1656264962471.jpeg

Barb

0 Kudos
Tammy591

Hi Barb, thanks, got on quickly cuz out of nowhere, I wanted to smoke, I'm breathing like you suggested, damn it, this is hard, quit drinking 5 years ago, and this is harder than that was. I'm angry at the addiction, trying to be more gentle on myself. Lord, please don't let me get weak.  

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Tammy591 No way around it, this is hard no matter what Allen Carr says. 😊  Being  gentle to yourself is No. 1.   Eliminating nicotine and thousands of chemicals is going to take it's  toll on your body and mind.  You know what to do , but even more importantly, you're doing.

Are you actually by the beach where you walk?  I would be so jealous.

Barb

0 Kudos
Tammy591

Interesting, I was just reading the comments on Allen Carr's book, hmm.... yes it was mentioned he says is easy, BS.  Beach? not too far, actually I'm about a 15 minute drive to oceanfront. Now that's a great idea, you know I have lived here all my life, used to go when younger all the time, loved it, but now that I've gotten older, I geez, how long has it been, couple years, and only went cuz my sis visited me from Mississippi and wanted to go. Where do you live? Guess what? that strong urge has passed and I can breathe easier and am thankful (teary eyed) whew, this does work, doesn't it? You're the best!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Tammy591 I'm in Pittsburgh--there's lots of water but not a beach.  It's funny how we don't take advantage of the things close to home. We would be happy to enjoy those things if we were on vacation.

I'm don't express being grateful enough, but 15 minutes to the ocean?  I take my dog for a ride every morning after we walk.  That would be short ride.    Just being by any body of water to enjoy is so peaceful.

Yes it does work.  Otherwise, I wouldn't be here today.

Barb

0 Kudos
Tammy591

You are a way from here in Pittsburgh, I'd say come over, let's take a ride to the beach and bring your dog. 🐕 😊  Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

It's very tempting.

0 Kudos
LucyLu_22

@Tammy591 , super on 5 days and for reaching out when you had a craving, happy it passed.  Thank you for your welcome yesterday, I did make it to day 2. 

Tammy591

AWESOME, I am so happy for you, day 2 is an achievement, hell, 1 day is an achievement, Yep, I tell on those nasty, poisonous thoughts and cravings. I find it's ok to open myself up and share my journey, one day at a time, moment to moment sometimes, hell, I was leaving a place today walking to my car and I just automatically reached inside my purse  for a cigarette, which I've done a million times before to light up when I got in.  What the hell, where did that come from?  Addiction, very powerful, it creeps up on me when I think I'm doing ok, so I am learning here how to be ready and willing when it does. There is so much here to learn, many, many tools to use. Thank you for your post.  Cheering you on!!