cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

5 days no nicotine

It is day 5 since I quit vaping I am trying not to have a craving but when I do I just chew mint gum or spearmint gum and when I have that craving I chew gum or a chew on a straw  it is helping a lot 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your tip and congrats on Day 5!

- Sarah, The EX Community Admin Team

EX Community Admin Team
MarilynH

A super congratulations on your precious quit journey @Tarahenson1998 YAY for 5 splendiferous DOF ~  Days of Freedom YAY for each and every day WON YAY for giving yourself the Gift of LIFE! 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Tarahenson1998 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 5 days of success.. No matter the source, nicotine is an addictive chemical so yes it can be hard to quit. The fact that you vape almost anywhere doesn't make it any easier.

The same principles to quit smoking will apply to your quit. It's important to educate yourself about nicotine and have a quit plan. Knowledge and preparation have been made quitting possible for many of us. I never did neither in the past and I was never successful. I was planning my quit this time and found the Ex a week before my quit date. I finally learned how to quit and how important support from other quitters can be. Read lots of material on the site. This link is a great place to start.

Quitting Guides

There are lots of tools to use.  In addition to quit aids, I used Sour Patch Kids, chewing on straws, and video games.  An important aspect is replacing the dopamine your brain has lost by quitting. Exercise, listening to music, laughing, etc.  Walking is a great way to refocus your thoughts and get that added boost of dopamine.  And don't forget about deep breathing exercises.

Barbscloud_0-1694606750576.gif

Believe in yourself that you can do it. Approaching your quit one day at a time helps to alleviate much of the anxiety we experience when we think about quitting.

We're here to support you so reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience, and to support other quitters.

Glad you found us. Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
biscuit9

You are making your way through hell week,  realizing by now what you are dealing with.  Starve it, don't feed it.  Distract as needed....write out your feelings, hard candy, nrt.....USE those tools to get your through.  The cravings weaken as you get stronger.  Your body and lungs are counting on you.

0 Kudos