cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marz946

life after smoking

I see myself spending more time with my family doing fun things like, playing games, having meals, watching movies, shopping, all without needing to take a smoke break!!

Labels (1)
5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes! All great ideas, @marz946. Here are some other ideas: 100 Things to do instead of smoke ...

What sorts of games do you like to play? Did you know that we've got a group dedicated to games here on EX? 

Todd

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
biscuit9

You will have more time and more money $$$$.  Your body will continue to thank you for allowing it to heal.  You will add more years to your life and your lungs will breathe so much better.  

Maki

Life after smoking is amazing , and all the things you mentioned and more . I wish I’d had written a list as the days and weeks went on because you just get all these surprises you never even thought about . Congratulations , you are almost counting in months . WTG . 

Barbscloud

@marz946 Welcome to the Ex.  It's great that you've identified some positive changes to look forward to in your life by quitting. Envisioning those activities now without smoking is a great way for them to become possible.

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 13th if not sooner.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

Ralph1955

I think the best part of quitting is not separating myself from the group to have a cig or making an excuse to go outside to sneak a smoke.  5+ years and never get an urge any longer.