cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cravings

First day and I am craving craving craving. 

23 Replies
TurboRose

pcolaflorida‌, thanks for the comment. It makes me feel good to consider myself a positive "example."  Thank you for that. Please know, stopping was a struggle. I "played" at stopping many times over the years.  It seems like the "stars" were in the perfect alignment in 2017 and that something shifted within me (emotionally and/or mentally) that allowed me to put cigarettes down with the intention of never smoking again. I believe in synchronicity.  I had an emotional meltdown about smoking during a physical. My nurse practitioner's understanding and prescription for an anti-depressant helped. I searched the internet on "How do anti-depressants help with smoking cessation?" which led me to this community. Learning about nicotine addiction was invaluable. I followed many of the suggestions: identifying my triggers, prepare a toolkit, and set a quit date. I flubbed on my quit date: I thought if I went to bed the night before I would wake up with hours of not smoking under my belt. It didn't work. I was in withdrawal and it wasn't pretty. I bought a pack, took out 5 and decided I was going to stop at noon. I knew I needed to face my withdrawal and not think I could sleep my way through it. There were times I couldn't come to this community because all of the discussions were more then I could handle. Yet, through it all, I've remained smoke-free. I've paid attention to the stories of the long-timers that relapsed. I understand that if I want to remain an Ex, I'm going to have to stay on it and remind myself that I'm not special when it comes to nicotine. I want everyday to be a "day won" and not "a day one."

Sending light and love and a whole lot of support!

Michele

Giulia

If you just hold on long enough you'll get to the point where it really is easier to stay quit than to start all over again.  You already grasp that.  There is no need to have to do this all over again.  This can be the be all and end all.  Stick with it.

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS and I was SUGGESTED to PRAY OR jog in place OR 3 deep breathes OR clean OR go out for a walk- I did it ALL - gentle hug ❤

I like it - lot’s of deep breathing going on that’s for sure! Thanks for the hug.