cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

NO TRIVIA FOR THE WEEK OF 3/21/2023 DUE TO ILLNESS BUT I AM STILL TOTALLY FREE OF NICOTINE!

Jump to solution

trivia image.jpg

THERE WILL BE NO TRIVIA FOR THE WEEK OF 03.21.2023

BUT

TRIVIA WILL RETURN ON 03.28.2023

I am experiencing a mild case of congestive heart failure (CHF) from a long-standing defective heart valve. I am NOT having any problems breathing, nor am I short of breath. Tests have confirmed this is a mild case. However, in the 9 years that we have been monitoring the status of my malfunctioning aortic valve, this is the first episode of CHF I have experienced.

Since this a change in my overall status, I have been referred to a cardiac surgeon to determine if valve replacement is indicated. Since my feet and lower legs are very swollen, an important part of my treatment is to spend a good share of my time lying down with my feet elevated. This position is not conducive for me to post the weekly game with my laptop and mouse. I'm taking medication to relieve the accumulation of fluid, am on salt and liquid restrictions and also daily weights. Repeat tests and a return visit to my local cardiologist are scheduled for April. 

Although this turn of events has bummed me out quite a bit, I happily report that I have not had any desire to smoke. And so I am now 294 DAYS FREE OF ALL NICOTINE!

no smoking.heart. 8.1.22.jpg

MY MANTRA REMAINS

NOT ONE PUFF EVER,

NO MATTER WHAT!!

❤️

THE ANSWER TO LAST WEEKS QUESTION: JAMES WATT

The term horsepower came about in the 1700's, when inventor James Watt was trying to explain the power of steam engines. He took the time to watch ponies, averaging how much power they produced in a minute. Watt came up with the estimate that an average pony produced 22,000 foot-pounds of work each minute. He added 50% to his estimate and began calling 33,000 foot-pounds of work horsepower.

So how does this translate into today's engines? If your vehicle had an engine that produced one horsepower, your vehicle would have the same strength of a pony that pulled 33 pounds of coal for a full sixty seconds.

(auto express)

Eventually a mathematical equation to convert horsepower into wattage as a measure of electrical power was devised. Thus the term of watts came to be used to identify the power within light bulbs. That power is referred to as wattage in honor of James Watt.

(U.S. Energy Administration)

lightbulb.jpg

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
biscuit9

Your health comes first.  I prayed for you and your drs.  Sounds like you have wonderful care, but nothing beats the power of prayer.  Keep those legs elevated and I hope you have something to do while you are laying down.  No reason to smoke and your body is thanking you right now for being nicotine free for so long.  Keep taking care of yourself.

View solution in original post

49 Replies
biscuit9

Your health comes first.  I prayed for you and your drs.  Sounds like you have wonderful care, but nothing beats the power of prayer.  Keep those legs elevated and I hope you have something to do while you are laying down.  No reason to smoke and your body is thanking you right now for being nicotine free for so long.  Keep taking care of yourself.

SuzyQ411

@biscuit9  I treasure your prayers!  Today I will be stretched out in the back of a vehicle operated by a volunteer driver with Office For the Aging as I have an important out-of-town appointment with a periodontist that I have waited three months for! (or else I would have re-scheduled it.) Otherwise, I am non-apologetically feasting on fantastic PBS offerings, making frequent bathroom trips,  and taking naps 🙂 

cocoa0512

sending prayers for a speedy recovery 

SuzyQ411

Thank you @cocoa0512!!  Always open to prayer 😍

0 Kudos
Maki

Hmm moms day is coming , an iPad could solve the prob boys 🙂 mom could keep the feet up on the couch and keep doing what she is so good at , inspiring people . Quit money might do it too 🙂 

Keeping you lifted and in thought .. Hope you can continue to post in the F&S group time to time. Love your posts . 

SuzyQ411

Thanks @Maki for your kind words, advice  and support. Today I did miss posting on F&S. Perhaps I can jot off something tomorrow!

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

@Maki  Really appreciate your ongoing support, kid! ❤️ 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@SuzyQ411 So sorry to hear this.   It's nothing to play around with  so please take care..  Your health come first.

Barb

SuzyQ411

Thanks for you caring @Barbscloud! I am following Dr's orders and see improvement already!

0 Kudos