cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

TRIVIA FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 4, 2023

trivia image.jpg

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST GAME OF TRIVIA

(This game runs until midnight eastern on Monday, April 10, 2023)

THE DAKOTA FIRE HOLE HELPS AVOID WHAT?

1. High Temperatures
2. Carbon Monoxide
3. Smoke
4. Rain

Thanks again to Trivia Scoop for the question.

Enjoy the game!

Answer to last week's question: Challenger Deep

The deepest part of the ocean is called the Challenger Deep and is located beneath the western Pacific Ocean at the southern end of the Mariana Trench, which runs several hundred kilometers southwest of the U.S. territorial island of Guam. Challenger Deep is approximately 35,876 feet deep. It is named after the HMS Challenger, whose crew first sounded the depths of the trench in 1875. In contrast, the average depth of the ocean is about 12,100 feet. (*And so, its name has nothing to do with the Spaceship Challenger.)

Source: National Ocean Service

Thanks to those who played Trivia last week!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
YoungAtHeart

By my scientific method (eeny meeny miny moe 😁) I am going to guess smoke (#3).

Sootie

Hi @SuzyQ411 ----and congrats again on 10 months. sure hope you get good news at the cardiologist........sorry about the swelling...that's a pain!

Well....since I have NO EARTHLY IDEA what a Dakota fire hole is (have seriously never heard or read anything about something named this) I will guess. My guess would be that if it is indeed down in a hole ( and not just a name that means nothing) then it would maybe avoid smoke.

Barbscloud

Smoke

I'm thinking this has something to do with Dakota Indian tribe.

SuzyQ411

Trivia Thank you.jpg

GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE!

❤️

@Barbscloud 

@Sootie 

@YoungAtHeart 

@Cousin-Itt 

🤣

Cousin-Itt

Hello Suzy, as always thank you for posting Tuesday Triva 

Being a Boy Scout back in the day taught me many things. It taught me how to sell Christmas Trees, Sell Candy and even taught me how to clear tables at the Pancake Fund Raiser.  It taught me important things also like my scout leader always carried charcoal lighter fluid to start fires.  Cooking with a Coleman Stove is easier and cleaner than cooking over a fire.  That Scout Leaders had to hide their beer, which was a important lesson as I became a Scout Leader. The Boy Scouts did tach me to enjoy camping and how to read a compass.

Yet, I do know what a Dakota Fire Pit is.  I know how to make/dig a Dakota Fir Pit and I've actually cooked over one.  Not because of a Boy Scout Leader teaching me, OH NO a Lifetime Girl Scout Leader my oldest sister showed me while camping in the Colorado Rockies.  The Dakota Fire Pit produces more concentrated heat, uses less wood and produces less smoke and gives off less light.  Not to mention it's safer and less destructive to the landscape. 

Cousin-Itt

My answer is Smoke

0 Kudos
Sootie

@Cousin-Itt I KNEW you would know what a Dakota Fire Hole was!! And----I KNEW I should have been a BOY SCOUT (or---at least a girl scout in the troup your sister was in).....I did not learn fires in Girl Scouts.....but, as you indicated...I did learn many things like how to serve hundreds of people at a strawberry shortcake festival until you can NO LONGER STAND the site or smell of strawberries! 

Anyway-----hahaha! My guess was smoke.

YoungAtHeart

@Sootie

Yeah - the Girls Scouts were not for me, either.  I wanted to learn how to build a campfire, whittle an animal, set up a tent, and all they wanted me to learn in the Girl Scouts was how to cook and sew....ah, NO!

😁

SuzyQ411

BUT @YoungAtHeart , Girl Scouts is where I learned to make those fantastic S'mores  😍