cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

TRIVIA FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 4, 2023

trivia image.jpg

WELCOME TO THE NEWEST GAME OF TRIVIA

(This game runs until midnight eastern on Monday, April 10, 2023)

THE DAKOTA FIRE HOLE HELPS AVOID WHAT?

1. High Temperatures
2. Carbon Monoxide
3. Smoke
4. Rain

Thanks again to Trivia Scoop for the question.

Enjoy the game!

Answer to last week's question: Challenger Deep

The deepest part of the ocean is called the Challenger Deep and is located beneath the western Pacific Ocean at the southern end of the Mariana Trench, which runs several hundred kilometers southwest of the U.S. territorial island of Guam. Challenger Deep is approximately 35,876 feet deep. It is named after the HMS Challenger, whose crew first sounded the depths of the trench in 1875. In contrast, the average depth of the ocean is about 12,100 feet. (*And so, its name has nothing to do with the Spaceship Challenger.)

Source: National Ocean Service

Thanks to those who played Trivia last week!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Well, I guess I DID miss something.  I have never, in all my time on this earth, had a S'mores.

**sigh**

YoungAtHeart

@SuzyQ411 

I would LOVE to - as a kid we toasted marshmallows over a fire on the shore when we were ice skating on a watershed, but nobody brought the rest.  I haven't been invited to any campfires lately, and even if I was, I don't imagine I would have the ingredients.  Have you TASTED graham crackers lately?  Remind me of sawdust (if I actually knew how sawdust tasted!?!)  I bought a box a bit ago, and, after trying one, actually put them in the trash!  

Justdeda1

@YoungAtHeart  Are you buying the original brand, whatever that was, or the store brand (blech)? I found a decent graham cracker a couple years ago— if I see it again, I’ll let you know the brand.   As for the marshmallows and chocolate, I never even heard the word s’mores until my own children were in their late teens.  @SuzyQ411 I am fascinated by whatever is on the s’mores-devouring child’s T-shirt!  And whether or not it is ALSO eating the treat!

😁

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@Justdeda1 

Thanks!  Yeah,  the grahams were the original. I found chocolate hummus (can you IMAGINE?) and wanted to try it on different things.  So far, sliced apples or pears are best.

Justdeda1

Chocolate chumus?  What will they think of next!  I’m so grateful to be aversive-allergic to chocolate!

deda

0 Kudos
Justdeda1

@YoungAtHeart So, wait—you put the ch. chumus on the apple or pear, or slice the apple or pear onto a plate of ch. chumus?  

Can you believe, my phone just autoincorrected my apple into Apple? ROFL

deda

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@Justdeda1 

You put a dab of chocolate on each slice of fruit!  YUM!

0 Kudos
Justdeda1

Heh.  I can just imagine it!  Enjoy 😋

deda

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

@Sootie @YoungAtHeart   My oldest sister always seemed to be camping with her Girl Scout Troop.  I felt sorry for her husband my brother in-law as he had to live with 5 women as they had 4 daughters.  I believe he talked her in to taking them camping I also think living in Colorado had something to do with more camping