cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzyQ411

NO TRIVIA FOR THE WEEK OF 3/21/2023 DUE TO ILLNESS BUT I AM STILL TOTALLY FREE OF NICOTINE!

Jump to solution

trivia image.jpg

THERE WILL BE NO TRIVIA FOR THE WEEK OF 03.21.2023

BUT

TRIVIA WILL RETURN ON 03.28.2023

I am experiencing a mild case of congestive heart failure (CHF) from a long-standing defective heart valve. I am NOT having any problems breathing, nor am I short of breath. Tests have confirmed this is a mild case. However, in the 9 years that we have been monitoring the status of my malfunctioning aortic valve, this is the first episode of CHF I have experienced.

Since this a change in my overall status, I have been referred to a cardiac surgeon to determine if valve replacement is indicated. Since my feet and lower legs are very swollen, an important part of my treatment is to spend a good share of my time lying down with my feet elevated. This position is not conducive for me to post the weekly game with my laptop and mouse. I'm taking medication to relieve the accumulation of fluid, am on salt and liquid restrictions and also daily weights. Repeat tests and a return visit to my local cardiologist are scheduled for April. 

Although this turn of events has bummed me out quite a bit, I happily report that I have not had any desire to smoke. And so I am now 294 DAYS FREE OF ALL NICOTINE!

no smoking.heart. 8.1.22.jpg

MY MANTRA REMAINS

NOT ONE PUFF EVER,

NO MATTER WHAT!!

❤️

THE ANSWER TO LAST WEEKS QUESTION: JAMES WATT

The term horsepower came about in the 1700's, when inventor James Watt was trying to explain the power of steam engines. He took the time to watch ponies, averaging how much power they produced in a minute. Watt came up with the estimate that an average pony produced 22,000 foot-pounds of work each minute. He added 50% to his estimate and began calling 33,000 foot-pounds of work horsepower.

So how does this translate into today's engines? If your vehicle had an engine that produced one horsepower, your vehicle would have the same strength of a pony that pulled 33 pounds of coal for a full sixty seconds.

(auto express)

Eventually a mathematical equation to convert horsepower into wattage as a measure of electrical power was devised. Thus the term of watts came to be used to identify the power within light bulbs. That power is referred to as wattage in honor of James Watt.

(U.S. Energy Administration)

lightbulb.jpg

49 Replies
SuzyQ411

@Barbscloud  Yes, this is serious stuff. I'm following orders and have lost 6# of fluid. No more pitting edema in my feet, ankles and lower legs. And still no breathing problems!!  I am turning the bend, for sure!!

Justdeda1

@SuzyQ411 , I think going to a periodontist on a stretcher without cigarettes or a computer is just plain self-indulgent.  It sounds suspiciously as if you are taking care of your own needs instead of posting for the hundreds of people you inspire every day.  Well, I suppose, if ya gotta, ya gotta.  Better going flat to a periodontist than not going, probably.  
We are all thinking of you, and wishing you an easy solution to the CHF thing—Bah!

Remind your holster that you no longer smoke!  Gratuitous sips of the old O2 permitted!  Speak firmly with your lower legs while showing them your strappy dancing heels, so they know what you require of them!

And thank goodness you’re not smoking anymore!  How much worse might it be if that weren’t the case!

Get Well Soon!

F1EF9538-4EBF-4517-924A-13F75D814F05.jpeg

deda 

SuzyQ411

@Justdeda1  Thanks so much for the flowers and for the chuckles!! Cigarettes are what got me to this place with my gum issues, or should I say that my choice to smoke them did! So many decisions one makes in life can come back to haunt a person as the years roll by, eh? On the positive side, today's trip acquainted me with a fantastic dental professional AND with a most accommodating volunteer driver. As for the medical issues, the swelling is improving on a daily basis with a 2# fluid loss already!

Justdeda1

Dear @SuzyQ411 

Yes, indeed, many a tooth has gone from my mouth into the red bucket at a few hundred bucks a pop due to decades of exposure to first (incoming) and second-hand (outgoing) smoke.  Still not completely satisfied that I am supposed to pay them, when They are the ones who get the tooth...still, you have to go along to get along.  Regarding your wonderful new professionals, please keep in mind that, even though they are probably cute and amazing, there is no need to have physical troubles in order to see them again.  PLEASE get your heart in shape so that you can share it with US.  If those professional types want to see you, let THEM come HERE!

Let me know when the flowers start to fade, wilt or shed.  I'll send you some more.

Get Well Soon,

deda

PS, I'm still not smoking either, and it's still because you rescued me the other night, so there.

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Bless you @Justdeda1 , letting me know that you are still smoke-free after we connected the other night when you were considering smoking. BTW, you can send me flowers anytime, lol ❤️ 

0 Kudos
Justdeda1

Well, I just tried sending some to another EXer, so let me try to send them to you, too. 

Like Love, the more you give, the more you have.  Ok, that doesn't necessarily work here as example. 

Like Love, even if you share a lot of pictures, you still will have pictures to share.  Well, that one was too long to fit onto a pinhead, I'll have to stick with whatever it is they're putting on pinheads nowadays. 

Here are your flowers - Picture of a Work in Progress - I do modest flower arrangements as a hobby.

In Progress Sunflowers and Gerberas together (-:enjoy!

deda

Barbscloud

@SuzyQ411 

Barbscloud_0-1679849350452.jpeg

Take care

Barb

SuzyQ411

@Barbscloud  Thank you! I feel better as each day comes around! I also ended up with a sinus infection and am on an antibiotic BUT I have remained free of any cravings for almost a week!! ❤️

0 Kudos
Justdeda1

@Barbscloud 

I am very impressed that the pig is wearing a seat belt.  

Safe trails!

deda