cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
Sandi4

Day 2 Challenge complete.  Cardio and legs.

0 Kudos
ElTyGuy

This is a great idea! I am going to join you all.

0 Kudos
elvan

Good for you...it really IS a great idea.  I try to be very committed to it, the only times I can't get five days a week in are when I have appointments and I can't get to the bike...then again, I just might get as much or MORE exercise than I would if I was using the bike.  I don't have a Fitbit so I don't count steps...I just do 10 miles on the bike and another 3/4 of a mile using it as an arm bike.  My favorite work out is in water but that is just not possible at this time of year.  I cannot breathe when I try to use an indoor pool so I have to wait for outdoor to be available...probably June.  Welcome!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Well I just shoveled snow for an hour and half.  YIPPEEE!!!!  Was only a couple of inches but at least I got out there and had some fun AND burned a few calories.  

Welcome to you EITy.  Glad you're joining us.

Good going Sandi, and Jackie and Roller and Ellen and Sootie and oh my!

ElTyGuy

My 13 year old daughter asked me last night if we could start running so we just did a quarter mile run in 48° Florida! That is freezing to us! 

Giulia

"That is freezing to us!" Whimp!  lol  (just teasing)

Sootie

Giulia 

You got the snow I sent you!!!!!  GREAT! Feel free to order more.....we have plenty!

Sootie

48 degrees is the equator here in NEPA where we had a "heat wave" of 19 today.......people were ACTUALLY walking around saying...WOW, it's so much warmer today (you see quitters....it's all a matter of mind set!!)

Snow, snow and more snow making a "walk" totally impossible. So I used my bike/rower thingy (which I don't like----I like being outside walking).....and of course my punching bag which keeps me sane as well as fit. Nothing exciting but at least I am moving. Doctor's appointment today showed blood pressure 110/66. Did not get blood test results yet but feeling OK so fairly sure that I am

Stay strong.....and warm.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ok, so you gonna get Charlie to take a picture of you with the punching bag or what?  Gotta see the visual!  Thanks for the snow.  Please send more!  "48 degrees is the equator here"!!!!  lol  Sootie

0 Kudos
Sandi4

LOL!

0 Kudos