cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
Giulia

This just made me search for kick boxing for seniors and lookie what I found!!!

OTOW KBKB For Seniors - YouTube   

Man, you don't want to mess with THAT crowd!  Come on, Jackie, the kicks don't have to be high.  We do everything at the level we can.

And if you need to work out in a chair:   Waldorf Senior Center Seated Cardio Kickboxing - YouTube 

Good for you, Kristen for keepin' it up!!!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

How do you spell unh huh... meaning no.  OTOW KBKB For Seniors - YouTube   When they started the push-ups I said unh-uh.  Nice music.  I am at the senior level right now.   right hip doesn't move like it use to do.  Very inspirational. though. lol 

JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
tuckeww

Its always so nice to hear from all the people, who has continued to get moving this something I do six days a week w/ outfail. keep up the good work.

indingrl

Thanks @tuckeww and good job too!

0 Kudos
indingrl

3 heart healthy miles with my coach Leslie Sansone - done at 530am and soooooo grateful to be with you movers and n.o.p.e. living one moment at a time - together!

Sootie

@indingrl @tuckeww  I am pretty sure you are on the OLD moving blog.....Let's Get Moving 2018. @JACKIE1-25-15 moved it to the new blog --Let's Get Moving Part 3. You just (somehow) responded on the old one.....c'mon over to Part 3 and re-post!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hyena  hyena.JPG

Coyote Coyote.JPG  @Sootie   Just sayin'  But glad you don't have Hyenas in your back yard!

Today I spent a couple of hours at the veg. garden weeding and preparing one bed for beans.  If you don't get to the soil within three days of a good rain, it's like a ROCK here.  As it was today!   And shoveled out some 6' Sumac from the compost heap.

Are those gorgeous flowers lilies? @RainbowHeart  

Cheers movers!