cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
shashort

Hehe JACKIE1-25-15  I had my 2 year old grand daughter yesterday and I chased her all around the yard so not as energetic today lol. Did my water aerobic, lazy river walk, and then rode the lazy river for relaxation. AAAHHHHH! was so nice.  Got both challenges done. Relaxing rest of night.  Sweet dreams Jackie. Way to go cbgerber  keeping it moving.

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Well other than doing my  325 steps on my stair stepper at work daily, I have downloaded the app "My Fitness Pal"....which will also help track my steps during the day. Our office is located right next door to a gym and it has a track outside. Now I will be able to track how many steps I do during once around the track, etc. Its a great app and has tons of features and an on line community as well.....Ya may want to check it out!

Miles of Smiles.....................

JACKIE1-25-15

I know someone shashort  is wondering how I was stepping all night long.  lol  I was on the fishing pier until 4 am.  lol  hee hee

shashort

Hahaha I thought you was doing a marathon run sleep walking lol.  Wow until 4 am on fishing pier hope you caught lots of fish. Hope you got some rest after that late night fishing.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Yeah had a blast. Chilling  today.

GyorgyiM

On my Heath and Exercise news bulletin!

I have upped my stair stepper to 400 steps a day, and I went on Amazon and purchased a desk extender which is another desk that sits on top of my existing desk so that I can stand and work. Today is the first day I am using it and I haven't sat down for more than 3 minutes since 8 am !! I think all the blood from the  upper half of my body is now in my thighs and my feet have started to tingle. LoL!

I use to stand at work for 6 1/2 years and then switched departments that required me sitting at a regular desk. That was about a year and a half ago and it is amazing how crappy it made me feel mentally and physically. My legs and back hurt everyday driving home from work. My weight distribution shifted to my midsection and my neck and shoulders were sore all the time......SO I TOOK THE BULL BY THE HORNS and made an executive decision to CHANGE my circumstances.

(I can be stubborn that way,LoL). 

Sitting for hours at a time is considered just as harmful as a heart attack.....and then your done working and go home and sit some more to decompress!! THEN you go lay down to go to bed !! So somewhere along the line you need to sacrifice a little discomfort to stay healthy. 

Just say'n...............

JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
Giulia

GyorgyiM  Djyohrdja - (she understands what I mean by that spelling lol)  You just keep being stubborn!  Because you put a bug in my head.  And it's a good bug.  I think.  Taking the bull by the horns and changing our circumstances is how we became smoke free.  Right?  Thanks for the bug.

JACKIE1-25-15

Well hello, group.  Is anybody out here?  It has been over a month since I posted.  I have been dealing with some backache issues and had not been doing a lot on the moving realm. Don't know exactly what happened.  I think I just made a wrong move not doing anything at all.   I have been taking it very easy.  I am getting much better. I think I am getting younger.  lol This week was the first time in a month that I actually participated in a workout routine. Did the cardio with the seniors.  I have finally gotten to their level.  I usually am the crazy exercise woman.  I now have legal senior moves now. lol.  Of course, I have done a little raking the yard, picking up limbs and pinecones after the storm but nothing major.  etc.  My son is home and he wants me to just sit still.  Having a hard time doing it but I will give it a good shot when he is looking.  So far this week I have done the cardio with the seniors.  Hope all is well with everyone and keeping it moving.  I am on a mission to get this body moving again.  Since the back slipped I have really monitored my food intake, I don't think I have gained any weight I am down from  8 to 6 jeans, that is good enough for now.  Winter is coming and my body loves some extra fat.  Have a good night.  Just saying hi and letting you all know what has been up. I don't recover as fast as I use to and I try to make sure not to overdo.  

0 Kudos

Hey girl! I’m here.  I joined my park district gym.  Monday’s I take a water aerobics class. I’m the skinniest and youngest one in the class.  I love it!! Haha.  Tuesday’s and Thursday’s I take a toning class. I have not been brave enough to make it to the gym yet.  My fear is looking stupid while I try to figure out the machines and getting tired out real quick. Lol.  I’ll get in there soon.