cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Hey, I loved water aerobics.  I wish I could be the youngest, I am usually the oldest.  lol.   Glad you love it.  Toning?  The equipment usually has detailed instructions.  If you can not read use the pictures.  Glad to hear from you.   This is Thursday.  I came to post a quit blog. 

In the toning class we lay on those boards used for step aerobics.  We use light weights and lots of reps.  I only use 3 pounds at the moment. I'm weak!  My arms shake like crazy!  I have always been athletic and strong, not so much anymore, so this is a hard pill to swallow. I think most of the ladies that have been doing it for a long time are using 5 pounds.  I know the equipment has instructions; i just feel stupid reading them!  LOL..

0 Kudos
Giulia

(Thinking on you, Jackie, through this hard time.)

I've gone back to step aerobics.  Trying to do it every other day.  It's a lot more fun now that it's in the 60s instead of the high 80 on the porch!  My blood pressure has been running high and doc said to do aerobics and modify eating, else he'll have to put me on med.  And I don't want any STATINS!!!!  Haven't altered the eating yet.  The knees aren't too happy about it, but I'm persevering, carefully.  

My aunt stopped in yesterday with her new boyfriend (my uncle passed away a couple of years ago).  The man is 85 and in AMAZING shape!  I thought "yeah, I wanna be like that when I grow up."  And he broke his hip back in January (playing ping pong) and is walking around like -  'no problem!'  Seeing people like that just spurs one on!

JACKIE1-25-15

Well,  I am back.  It has been over a month since I last posted.  I have been quite busy with family friends church and the community.  This week I was able to have a  little normalcy with my exercising.  2 days cardio and walking.  yay  Going to keep it moving.  It is raining today

Giulia

Glad you're back JACKIE1-25-15‌.  I took three days off in a row and just got back to it tonight with my normal 45 minute step workout, then push ups and situps.  I can definitely feel my body getting stronger.  But it sure was nippy up on that porch tonight.  Ski pants and windbreaker helped!  Push on!

Hi Ladies! I’m still going to the workout classes 3 sometimes 4 times a week.  After I cut my clients hair, I’m going to rush over and go to the kick boxing class today. Have a good day my friends!

JACKIE1-25-15

Kickboxing sounds fun for the young.  Lol.  I don't have the FORCE to kick and stand on one leg. Thinking about it hurts.  Keep it moving.  Go kristen-9.7.15

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Go G!

0 Kudos

I am the only one in my 30’s. The rest of the people are 60’s & 70’s. Lol

JACKIE1-25-15

Go Them.  That they can still stand on one and kick.  Not me.  not unless they were soft kicks.  lol

0 Kudos