cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
Sootie

elvan‌   But it's cold where you are also....correct Ellen? Stay warm dear lady!

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Good morning.  I wanted to get ahead of the weather we're expecting tonight so the plan was to get to the gym by 5:30AM.  I was a bit lazy this morning so I didn't get there until 6 with every intention of at least getting 30 minutes of cardio in.  Out of all the empty treadmills, some guy selected the one next to me and then began coughing as he ran.  I wasn't sure if he was getting sick, getting over being sick or just coughs when he runs. I didn't want  to take a chance so I ended my workout after 20 minutes. I'm in the office today so I'll get my steps in during the day and do a tv workout when I get home.

Wishing you all a great Tuesday and for those in the path of bad weather, be safe!

Sandi 

0 Kudos

Okay Ladies, time for me to get serious!  The Biggest Loser Contest at work begins this Friday, 1/16/18 and goes through 3/23/18.  Cash prizes are involved!  Let's go!!  LOL

JACKIE1-25-15

Whoo Hoo.  You can win.  You are a winner.  Let's go.  I need some motivation. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

You are a smart lady.  Lots of germs going around better safe than sorry. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Yes Sootie‌, it's been ridiculously cold, back and forth, up and down, we have been in the 20's and below and then back up into the 50's...we are supposed to get a little snow tonight but will be in the 60's by Sunday. The changes back and forth make people with arthritis pretty miserable and the warm weather gives the flu virus chances to strengthen.  I can't be out for long when it is this cold, my joints can't stand it and the extreme cold makes it hard to breathe.  I am doing ten miles on the stationary bike 5 days a week and then using it as an arm bike for a few more minutes.  It's basically keeping me moving and that's helpful.  Sundays, I take off except for what I have to do around the house and I work on Saturdays so I am not sitting around.  YOU be careful...between the snow and the cold hitting just about everyone, it's not a fun winter.

Sandi4‌ I would have gotten away from that guy too.  Who knows...maybe he was not ill but this flu is not worth taking any chances, I have a really poor immune system due to steroids for over 25 years and then add COPD and I really cannot afford to get this flu.  You sound like you are doing a great job.

kristen-9.7.15  You can do this...keep moving, eat right...you are young and motivated.  You posted some great links to work outs! Will be cheering you on.

Ellen

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Well I just returned from a 50 minute walk.  I figured if Sootie‌ could do it in 1 degrees I could at least try and manage 37 degrees.  It was a  very good and much needed walk.  2.94 miles. A little slower than usual but I got off of my butt and stopped accepting the mental procrastination and just did it.  Now I need motivation to get on this bike.  kristen-9.7.15‌ Thanks for the boost. 

JACKIE1-25-15

#2 Challenge met!!  Yay!!!  22 min cardio and 36 minute brisk power walk. I am a little sore since my inactivity but that is okay.  It is a good feeling to be getting back on track.  Mentally and physically.  With the EXercises today I have stepped 7008.  3.30 mi  Yay for another day WON!

JACKIE1-25-15

Sore is the new sexy.... I like that.  I understand EXactly how you feel. 

Roller831

Work is absolutely crazy for me this time of year!  I feel bad I can't spend as much time on here.  At night, it is hit the gym and then take care of the family.  Tonight is my Boost class at the warehouse (small private gym).  The class combines lifting with cardio.  For example, we may squat with lighter weights, but do more reps to get our cardio going.  It beats traditional cardio exercises in my opinion.  

Nice job on the walk, JACKIE1-25-15‌!  Keep up the great work everyone and keep moving!!!