cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
Roller831

I tend to agree on the 48* - We hit the 40's a week or so ago and people were wearing shorts!  Today, I woke up to 19* which still feels "warm" compared to the -10* from a couple of weeks back.    Midwest here.

I got to the warehouse (aka gym) last night and did a hybrid type of workout with weights and higher reps which gives you strength training plus cardio.  

So far so good.  I can still move this morning. LOL!

Sootie

Giulia

I have some pictures......now the challenge "to post" online!!!!! Will work on it this weekend.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Well you can be SURE I won't be offering any advice!  lol

0 Kudos
Sootie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Only got 3 days in this week due to a road trip that kept me out of the gym this weekend.

i did manage to log 8k steps today by taking a brief run and helping my daughter work on her volleyball technique. I did all the running after the ball!  

Back to my pursuit of 4 days per week tomorrow.

Friday I downloaded a 30 day challenge app for sit up, push up, squats etc. The squat challenge called for 30 squats on day one for BEGINNERS! What?? I did them and am SO sore still on Monday morning. I was supposed to do 50 squats Saturday and 75 squats on Sunday. I tried but I couldn’t do it. I can barely move! I had to triple check to make sure I chose the beginner option rather than advance. Maybe I am weak but I think that amount is a bit much for a beginner.  Lol.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Sounds like you downloaded the wrong one.  I did a 30 day challenge and it started with about 10 squats adding maybe 5 per day.  Then changed over to planks.  I will see if I can find it. Squats really work you.  Hope you recover soon and find one a lot less intense. OUCH!  let me know when you find one easier and I will do it with you ....after you recover.  The life of Lois Lane.  Love you!!!!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Oh Got to get to MOVING.  Coffee time Have a great day everyone talk with you later with my challenge report. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

It all adds up at the end of the day.  Congrats on 8,000. POW

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I remember now.  It was 10 squats in the morning and 10 in the evening adding 5 more each day for 15 days.  I ended up with a very tight butt.

0 Kudos