cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
Giulia

"you can't out work a poor diet."  Words of wisdom if I ever heard 'em!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Well I was off to do my # 4 Challenge tand got to the rec center and it was closed. So today I have to do something different. Still have the Curve suit on under my workout clothes so I need to do something quick or pas out. Yesterday  completed #3 but did not get a chance to come here and post it. I raked yard from all the waste from the storm for about 2 hours.  I 6,320 steps. burned 1722 calories.

Sandi4

WHOA!!!! That was a great burn, Jackie.  Congratulations.!

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Good afternoon and greetings from GA. 

I completed my 2nd challenge of the week yesterday but was unable to post last night due to site's technical issues.  I work as a recruiter so I spend the bulk of my day sitting in front of a computer.  In an effort to get more steps in, I've started:

1. Using the bathroom on the other side of the facility (since I'm drinking more water, I earned many, many, many steps:)

2. Instead of calling or emailing my colleagues, if they're in my building, I'm walking over to  their offices.  If they're not there, I go back later in the day to look for them.  I had over 5K steps by the time I left for the day. 

I went to the gym last night.  Since it was late, I just did my 45 minutes on the treadmill.  Finished the day with 11K steps and 483 out of my goal of 500 calories burned.

Today is my rest day.  Back at it tomorrow.

elvan

Sandi4‌ and JACKIE1-25-15‌ you are BOTH quite amazing.  I did my fifth 10 miles on the bike today along with upper body...working tomorrow and resting Sunday.  I don't have a fitbit so I just go by miles and time..takes me about an hour and a quarter to get done.  

Sandi4

Way to go Elvan!!! That’s amazing!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Related image

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Wow, I call  that really meeting the challenge

Related image

You go girl!

0 Kudos
Sootie

Hello group! Well---I finally got my butt up and moving this morning.......fell out of my exercise routine for many reasons since November but decided I needed to get going again. Walked my 30 minutes walk (a BIT tricky since we had snow all night and it continued into this morning!) and another 30 minutes with my punching bag. I hope to stay in the routine that I always had. I don't feel like myself without my daily exercise yet......when I stop it is hard to get back "in the saddle"!!! I know this post will help me as every night I'll feel guilty if I didn't GET MOVING!

JACKIE1-25-15

You are not alone. 

0 Kudos