cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

I measure my breast/chest area, waist, thighs, r & l hips biceps every 3 months, I deduct the total of all areas.  Lets say I lost 2 in waist and 2 hips, that is a total of 4 in.  You don't need to measure you are petite. Thank God for the muffin top. lol

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome Sandi4‌, I am very happy that you found us. 

Quitting smoking is a challenge.  It is good that you want to lose weight and that you have set a goal.  Weight was always and EXcuse for me to continue smoking.  So I had to throw it out the window and embrace the quit until I got the quit under control.  Exercise is a great outlet for quitting smoking.  Hopefully,  you will not give up on either.  A wise elder once told me "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing".  Enjoy your journey.  We are here to support you.  Again welcome. Do you have an EXercise regimen.  If you go to the blog Moving References you will find some ideas. I will post the link so  can find it. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/10/20/moving-references 

JACKIE1-25-15

Oh BTW I have done 2 Challenges of the 4 for this week by riding my stationary bike so far 2 ten min. increments. Not a lot but better than nothing. I also have been doing a little, walking and shoveling.  It is suppose to be 61 degrees today.  I may get to finally tackle that bridge.  See you all later. Still not quite enough until I get really get it together.  You all have a great day. Keep it MOVING.... love you all. ,  Oh I am smelling my freedom today.  It Smells great. 

Sandi4

Thank you, Jackie. I do have a regimen in place. I workout 3-4 days/week at my gym. The differences will now be:

1. I'll work out 4 days/ week consistently.

2. I won't light up a cigarette after my workout!

i appreciate the support 

Sandi4

One question. Does our week begin on Sunday or Monday? I know that sounds weird but Apple Watch considers Monday the start of the week. Just wanted to see if my Sunday workout counted for this week for our purposes

thx!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

You Go Girl !!!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I would figure when ever YOUR week started.  I generally consider Monday my day of the challenge starting. for ME.

Sandi4

Ok. I’ll roll with you! 

Day 1 done. 45 minutes of cardio then legs and core.

Feeling great!

Giulia

Welcome A'board, Sandi!  Some of us (ME!) have slowed down a bit over the holidays and are just now gearing ourselves back up.  I was really disciplined for several months, then had a physical set back.  And I've been slow to get back to it.  (AKA lazy)  Also all my weight equipment is out on the porch (unheated).  (AKA - Excuse.)   Sounds like you're already spurred on if you work out 3-4 days a week.  Good for you!  You bring new incentive to the group.

Sandi4

Thank you Giulia‌!  I completely ran off the track over the holidays too.  I worked out a few times but since I wasn't smoking while visiting my parents in NY, I enjoyed bagels, pizza, a Nathan's frank and my father's fried chicken.  All the stuff I don't eat in GA.  One thing I know for sure is that you can't out work a poor diet.  I've tried...LOL.  Happy to have found this group. and to be back on my grind!