cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving 2018

It is a New Year.  To eliminate difficulty finding where to comment due to the length of the last blog, I thought I would start a new page to have a fresh start.  New Year, Fresh Ideas,New Goals ,Reboot, Recharge.  Hopefully New Participants  For those who are able to, (some members are going through medical issues and pending surgeries) I think it is time to focus and get back to our challenges. 

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I am doing a shout out to those who previously participated. If I missed someone please add their name.  There were a lot of comments to go  through to come up with this list.   We had a lot of fun and learned a lot from each other with over 2519 comments.  

plug66Giulia@GiuliaYoungAtHeartbonniebeejbliesmer jdesco311 elvan WhaIamkfaz  shashortDiannnnnMePlus3c2qkristen-9.7.15Summer-RainSootieBrianairb2abee1014‌, KMC56‌, tjanddj‌, roller831ChristmasCarol2CimstrongJennifer-QuitdonpaulicbgerberShowiestodin

Here is the link to the original blog if you have questions about the guidelineshttps://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1,077 Replies
Giulia

Just thought of something that might help anybody who has to wear a "boot" for any length of time (shashort‌ )  Wish I had thought of this earlier.  My surgeon recommended a shoe lift and it REALLY REALLY helped.  Your back and hips just get screwed when you have to wear a boot because your body is totally uneven in height.  This little device is so simple and works beautifully.  Unfortunately it's not covered by insurance, but I can assure it it's well worth the money.  You can get them at Walmart & Walgreens, Amazon, etc.   Google "shoe leveler" or "shoe balancer."  My back was killing me after a week or so in the boot.  Once I got a balancer - no more back/hip pain.

Sandi4

Day 3 complete 

Thirty minutes of cardio then arms, back, shoulders and core.  Now for some mindless tv.

Goodnight all!

Sandi4

Day 4 in the can. Cardio, legs and core.  I have a closet I’ve been wanting to tackle for several months. That will be my afternoon activity. It’s amazing what you can accomplish in an effort to keep your quit!

Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

JACKIE1-25-15

Good job on keeping it MOVING.  Sat and Sun are normally a R & R days for me.  However I am behind and I am going to ketchup lol.  MONDAY.  Enjoy your day also. 

shashort

Wow good idea. Wish I knew of this earlier. Seems when I complained to surgeon about knee and back pain he would have suggested it. I guess in his defense he specializes in hands but sure he has taken toes before and it has been an issue. Thanks Giulia.

0 Kudos
shashort

Hi everyone! Sorry not been in here not been moving much in the way of exercising other than therapy and some arm exercises.  Hoping sometime in this life I will be able to start my walking back.  Actually I know it takes time but I am an impatient person when it comes to healing. Glad to see everyone in here still moving and awe see we have a new challenger her. Welcome Sandi4 

Sootie

OK---so today it was 1 degree when I got up to walk at 6:00.....but -----I DID IT! Was covered up like a mummy......but I did manage my 30 minute route. Everything is frozen solid and snow covered........YUCK. But---I did it. Also did the punching bag for 30 minutes so I am on target.....two whole days in a row. Thought of all of you with love on my frozen journey.

shashort

Wow Sootie  I am impressed that you went out walking in 1 degree temp.  That's determination! Mummified for sure lol  Way to keep moving!

0 Kudos
elvan

shashort‌ If YOU are impatient with healing, I am not sure what the rest of us are...you are an amazing example of patience to all of us.

Sootie‌ One degree????  No, not this old lady, I can hardly move in that weather, let alone go for a walk! WOW!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Wooooooooo Hooooooooooo Sootie!  You go girl!