cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

awken

Day one for Me

I have been trying to quit since November I have had 3 fails so far , read Allen Cars book over the weekend , and I about 13 hours into My fourth and hopefully final quit ! so just wanted to say Hello , I will be coming here to read and to help stay strong , I am 57 years old and have smoked for 37 years ! I admire all of you who have quit , I hope to join your ranks and be able to talk about how many days , how many months , how many years I stay quit !! 

Tags (1)
42 Replies
TW517

You are in good company here.  Most of us had multiple stops and starts first.  Welcome to EX!

Lisaml

Good morning and welcome! There is a ton of reading information on this site that will help you along the way;-) 

GyorgyiM

Welcome arms await you..........

Miles of Smiles..........

JACKIE1-25-15

Awken, Congratulations on Day One continue so that each day is WON. You have already joined the ranks to the journey of freedom.  

Stay close.  If you need help let us know. To find more about maneuvering around the site Community Help

Skittles412

Congratulations Awken. Just the fact that you came here means you are serious. We are here when you need us.  

AnnetteMM

Welcome!  Read as much as you can of the older Elder posts!  Lots of wisdom here.

Unknown-2.jpeg

Roller831

Nancy YoungAtHeart‌ usually posts a welcome message but she is recovering from a pretty bad fall.  

Let me welcome you to our community!

There is a great blog out there for our new quitters.  For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too)‌.  You may also want to check out posts in Best of EXWe are here to help you on this journey to freedom!  

Welcome!  I know when I first found this site, many Elders told me to read read read….and I did.  Elders are those with one or more years of being quit.  If you like what someone has to say, then you may want to read their blogs.  I have some listed below.

A list of our Elders  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016 

So here's the thing.....and you may not like what I am about to say....and that's ok.  I get it.  You need to accept that this is an addiction.  Before you do that, it will be much more difficult to quit and stay quit. 

Read read read.  Do the steps to PREPARE yourself to quit.  Do the steps so you are PREPARED on quit day and for the days AFTER quit day.  

Some of the things I read in my first few days that helped me:

Dale’s Welcome to New Members My Welcome To New Members (10 Years Of Watching) 

Nancy’s Blog /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke 

JonesCarpeDiem  Dale’s Blog /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months?sr=search...

Visit Best of EX

And read what has been posted there.

JACKIE1-25-15  gave me the link to Alan Carr’s book, “Easy Way to Quit Smoking”.  I actually didn’t read the online PDF, but purchased a book on CD from Amazon and listened to it in my car over and over again for the first two weeks of my quit.  I'm glad to see you read it.  Re-read it if you need to!

Keep this site close and keep posting and asking for help.  You will get it.  You will get things you like and things you don't like, but don't give up!!!  We have been through similar experiences and can share our strength and hope.  We are here to support you!

Roller

awken

Thank you so much ! I will need all the help and support I can get !

Sandi4

Welcome!  

You will find all  the support and information you need here.  Just remember....one day, one hour, one minute at a time.

We're all rooting for you.